• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alabama QBs are the new Ohio State QBs

TN05

19 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah like OSU right?

All the Bama QBs were under Saban.  I tie it to coach/systems  and not uniform. 

Fields and Stroud start a new era.   They weren’t Urban guys. 

You didn’t  want an Urban/Saban QB. 

45 minutes ago, CRA said:

All the Bama QBs were under Saban.  I tie it to coach/systems  and not uniform. 

Fields and Stroud start a new era.   They weren’t Urban guys. 

You didn’t  want an Urban/Saban QB. 

Saban doesn’t really do offense though. You have O’Brien and other OCs like Sark that have come and go. 

34 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Saban doesn’t really do offense though. You have O’Brien and other OCs like Sark that have come and go. 

True.  But overall, he recruited the best OL and skill talent in all of college football.  His QBs always padded their stats throwing to wide open guys.  Was true for a lot of Urban’s QBs too.  Just too much talent around those QBs

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

True.  But overall, he recruited the best OL and skill talent in all of college football.  His QBs always padded their stats throwing to wide open guys.  Was true for a lot of Urban’s QBs too.  Just too much talent around those QBs

This is exactly what they said about Stroud. Definitely have to consider it, but at the end of the day what’s the QB going to do? Not throw to the open guy?

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

This is exactly what they said about Stroud. Definitely have to consider it, but at the end of the day what’s the QB going to do? Not throw to the open guy?

Well, it might be splitting hairs to some but I think there is notable difference between Saban’s rosters and Ryan Day’s.  Even at their peaks of this past era, I don’t think Clemson, OU, OSU whoever really compare top to bottom.  Sometimes you just had Saban beat at some key spots.  

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Well, it might be splitting hairs to some but I think there is notable difference between Saban’s rosters and Ryan Day’s.  Even at their peaks of this past era, I don’t think Clemson, OU, OSU whoever really compare top to bottom.  Sometimes you just had Saban beat at some key spots.  

True but Day has turned them into a WR factory. Olave, Wilson, JSN, MHJ all were guys Stroud was throwing to. You can have to look at the player not the school and even then it’s a crapshoot. 

12 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

True but Day has turned them into a WR factory. Olave, Wilson, JSN, MHJ all were guys Stroud was throwing to. You can have to look at the player not the school and even then it’s a crapshoot. 

True.  But Day has 2 QBs to his name…both dynamic and good enough to really stand out at the NFL level from the jump.

I mean even if you hate Fields’ game….he set records on the ground in the NFL out of the gate.  I think you gotta separate Day from Urban in terms of Ohio St QBs

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, ComebackCam said:

Hurts can't pass .. don't bring up his stats that's all scheme

Scheme? Brees had a scheme, Manning had a scheme. If their HC is scheming a bad QB to look that good he wouldn’t be on the hot seat. Mahomes is in Reid’s scheme too btw. 

Man, Hurts definitely sucks.  I wish we had such a shitty QB.  Ya know, one who has a 2-1 ratio of TDs to INTS as well as 41 fuging rushing touchdowns on top of that.  That guy must be actual dogshit.

Also Tua must be shitty with his 4600 yards passing and 29 TDs vs 14 ints.  I mean, I know the panthers have NEVER had a QB throw for that many yards, and only 2 in our history have thrown for over 4k, but surely hes complete trash.

Can we have some of the trash that those 2 players are....

• Pie 4

20 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Man, Hurts definitely sucks.  I wish we had such a shitty QB.  Ya know, one who has a 2-1 ratio of TDs to INTS as well as 41 fuging rushing touchdowns on top of that.  That guy must be actual dogshit.

Also Tua must be shitty with his 4600 yards passing and 29 TDs vs 14 ints.  I mean, I know the panthers have NEVER had a QB throw for that many yards, and only 2 in our history have thrown for over 4k, but surely hes complete trash.

Can we have some of the trash that those 2 players are....

These dip poo opinions are ruining the huddle for me.

Tua was in the fuging MVP talks for most of the season, one bad game in sub zero temps with a team that histrionically sucks at freezzzing temps and now hes a turd??? Hurts would have be a MVP if not of the terrible team finish, holy fug Im losing brain cells here....

Not to mention some of the worse opinions on great HCs when the panthers are the worst losing team of the last five years. Basically saying " I dont want to win and those wins are fake ballha balaha abalhal". Holy lee fug what happen???

• Flames 2