• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeff Howe swaps Young and Stroud

Mr. Scot

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's not just the size issue. It's the size plus the subpar arm plus mechanical issues. Bryce could be 6'3" and he'd still suck.

Mechanics are generally taught at the pro level. The arm issue is a valid one, but I don't know too many 6'3 QBs that have a below average arm. Now someone that appears to be 5'8", a buck eighty five, and has cap pistols for guns just might have some issues. Plenty said it. I didn't necessarily believe it. I was wrong.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Mechanics are generally taught at the pro level. The arm issue is a valid one, but I don't know too many 6'3 QBs that have a below average arm. Now someone that appears to be 5'8", a buck eighty five, and has cap pistols for guns just might have some issues. Plenty said it. I didn't necessarily believe it. I was wrong.

Mac Jones is 6'3" and I'd put his arm roughly on par with Bryce's.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-qb.php

Pocket time. CJ Stroud 2.5 seconds. Bryce Young... also 2.5 seconds.

Wow, you have done your research.  I can just say that CJ is without any question looking better than Bryce at this point.  That said, I don’t think that makes Bryce terrible or something we should give up on especially after 1 season 

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We're not giving up on Bryce yet even though I think we've seen enough to at least not pass on someone at #33 if we really like them. I absolutely think that if we don't see a big leap from Bryce in year two you have to move on.

I was going to say it depends on these hires at coach and GM but not really.  Bryce will def fail here if these are bad hires and could fail anyway.  

We have given up on QBs for a quick fix before and that is not working.  Stick with Bryce and build the team until he is clearly not the guy.  Even if that is after next season.

This team on offense is hilariously bad.  We have no talent which is incredible considering we have been bad for a while now

Edited by Shocker

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't think that was ever an option.

Tepper wanted it to go down this year. It was just a matter of but it would take to make that happen.

I think you're spot on @Mr. Scot - which doesn't bode well for the future of a franchise we all love.

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

We looked at pocket time before. Howell’s is 2.4 but you claim he has the worst OL in the league. I’m not sure that’s the best indicator of good OL play.

They both had terrible OL play. Washington's was worse IMO, but they were also hampered by Bieniemy completely abandoning the run for huge swaths of practically every game.