• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan Had Me Believing

chknwing

38 minutes ago, Sir Big Spurr said:

I can already hear the usual suspects saying “he just needs more time”. Dude has been helping build this pathetic roster for four years now. 

*Spoiler Alert* It’s going to be a sh!tshow

We don’t know what Morgan could do without A) starting with Fitt’s mistakes, B) Coach X having final say or C) without Tepper meddling.

It’s scary that the same guys just attach to the next guy and act like it’s all good and making the same excuses. Since Morgan is an ex-Panther, that adds a whole new level of excuses.

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Morgan saying we need a lot of work and good drafts, etc. would be refreshing. We were 2-15 and a hair away from 0-17. Stop blowing smoke up our asses and be honest about our talent challenges.

Well that was pre-season, so to be fair we'll have to wait to see what he says in his initial presser as GM. Some people don't believe we'll learn anything from them, which is quite possible, but I believe that we'll be able to glean something. If he starts shooting sunshine up our ass about how "we're not that far away," that will be the hugest red flag ever. If he says that we have a lot of work to do to get to where we want to be and need to do things differently than we've done it since he's been here, then we might have something to be optimistic about. 

Mind you, the proof is in the pudding. We'll have to wait to see what transpires in the draft and on the field before any real enthusiasm.

Edited by top dawg
  • Beer 3

If you believe you are going to get anything more than coach speak from a press conference then you are going to be disappointed.  No team is going to stand at the podium and discuss the issues inside their team. It's just not going to happen. You are going to have to see the issues yourself and understand that this team is ass and no amount of happy thoughts and words is going to change that anytime soon.  It's going to take years to unfu*k this mess. That's even if Tepper steps away and let's someone else run things. If not, then welcome to the hell that Detroit and Cleveland suffered through for decades. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

If you believe you are going to get anything more than coach speak from a press conference then you are going to be disappointed.  No team is going to stand at the podium and discuss the issues inside their team. It's just not going to happen. You are going to have to see the issues yourself and understand that this team is ass and no amount of happy thoughts and words is going to change that anytime soon.  It's going to take years to unfu*k this mess. That's even if Tepper steps away and let's someone else run things. If not, then welcome to the hell that Detroit and Cleveland suffered through for decades. 

I think best case scenario is 2 years away.  And thats if a lot of things break our way.   But if they give bryce through 3 years, and I suspect that was the plan with Morgan, then we could be rightly fuged for some time.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I think best case scenario is 2 years away.  And thats if a lot of things break our way.   But if they give bryce through 3 years, and I suspect that was the plan with Morgan, then we could be rightly fuged for some time.

I just can't see anyway they can dig out of this in 2 years. The problems run deeper than just the qb position.  They should just draft bpa from here on out because there's not a single position that doesn't need a starter or at the very least some depth. It's really that bad.

• Pie 1

Wow people are really shitting on him for not shitting on his players in his presser? Has anyone in the history of ever given an introductory presser saying “yes this roster fuging sucks. I’m going to nuke it into oblivion. That highly drafted LT that struggled in his second year? Yea fug that guy. He’s cut. Next question.”

• Pie 2

27 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Well that was pre-season, so to be fair we'll have to wait to see what he says in his initial presser as GM. Some people don't believe we'll learn anything from them, which is quite possible, but I believe that we'll be able to glean something. If he starts shooting sunshine up our ass about how "we're not that far away," that will be the hugest red flag ever. If he says that we have a lot of work to do to get to where we want to be and need to do things differently than we've done it since he's been here, then we might have something to be optimistic about. 

Mind you, the proof is in the pudding. We'll have to wait to see what transpires in the draft and on the field before any real enthusiasm.

Agree. I think even the Tepper hate will drift away if we do well in the draft. It really is that simple. You see it all the time where a really good draft, especially with a good QB, turns teams around.

I just don’t like not seeing honesty right now. It’s almost silly to act like anything is good. We just fired the HC and GM and were easily the least competitive and worst team.

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

I just can't see anyway they can dig out of this in 2 years. The problems run deeper than just the qb position.  They should just draft bpa from here on out because there's not a single position that doesn't need a starter or at the very least some depth. It's really that bad.

it obviously starts with bryce and I am not optomistic but for us to have any success within 2 years bryce needs to figure this poo quickly.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

it obviously starts with bryce and I am not optomistic but for us to have any success within 2 years bryce needs to figure this poo quickly.

Yeah the best outcome for us is for Young to prove capable of playing in this league. But he alone will not overcome the lack of talent on this team. Tom Brady in his prime could not get this team to .500. It going to take several good drafts and wise FA signings just to compete for the nfcs let alone the nfc title. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Everything in the NFL can be turned around in 2 years and playoffs in 3. You need good people to get there and ownership that doesn't fug everything up along the way. Free agency and the draft allow any team to restock talent..if they can find it and coach it.

• Pie 1

Just now, Waldo said:

Everything in the NFL can be turned around in 2 years and playoffs in 3. You need good people to get there and ownership that doesn't fug everything up along the way. Free agency and the draft allow any team to restock talent..if they can find it and coach it.

What is there with this team that makes you believe that they will be able to turn this mess into a competitive team in that short of time frame?  We've been waiting for that since 2016. It's not happening unless Tepper decides to let someone competent run things. Do you see that happening anytime soon?

12 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

What is there with this team that makes you believe that they will be able to turn this mess into a competitive team in that short of time frame?  We've been waiting for that since 2016. It's not happening unless Tepper decides to let someone competent run things. Do you see that happening anytime soon?

Lol I never said this team has any of the prerequisites to make that happen. It's just 2 years away if they ever do .

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Lol I never said this team has any of the prerequisites to make that happen. It's just 2 years away if they ever do .

I agree that under normal circumstances a team can become competitive in 2 offseasons if they have a competent FO and a decent qb already.  I know we do not have a competent FO and I'm unsure about whether we have a decent qb at the moment. So yeah, we a screwed for the foreseeable future. 

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

I agree that under normal circumstances a team can become competitive in 2 offseasons if they have a competent FO and a decent qb already.  I know we do not have a competent FO and I'm unsure about whether we have a decent qb at the moment. So yeah, we a screwed for the foreseeable future. 

We are screwed until next year. We don't have anything much more than Brown really. I'm already hoping for another one and done and they haven't even hired the HC yet.