• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Assistant Coach Chatter

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Steelo said:

Not much in the article stating specific times or dates, said that wed likely be waiting a few more days for those, as they are attending senior bowl practices this week. @Mr. Scot if anything pertinent happens on the Athletic this morning I'll post it if you're busy.

Appreciated. I got a busy day ahead and I'll only be able to look at football stuff sporadically.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I did see this...

It almost seems like Evero will be back. Tepper is blocking any lateral moves; only allowing him to interview for a HC position.  His name is cooler than last cycle for the top gig though.  Being on a two win team will take some luster off a previously hot name of an up and coming coach.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, RumHam said:

my thing is it looks like tepper is going out and finding this coaching staff, not the head coach that was hired. it's not going to end until this guy leaves.

How do you possibly gather that? There has been no indication that Tepper is going out and looking for anything. It was already reported that Evero planned to talk with Canales about his position if he didn't get a HC job.  Other than that none of the names mentioned even remotely have anything to do with Tepper.

• Pie 9

11 minutes ago, RumHam said:

my thing is it looks like tepper is going out and finding this coaching staff, not the head coach that was hired. it's not going to end until this guy leaves.

Idzik, the rumored OC has been with Canales for a long time. It seems like the coach is picking his assistants, not Tepper.

• Pie 3

From an old friend...

If Evero ultimately does want to be somewhere else, I'm not sure Canales would want to force him to stay here.

If Tepper did, I kinda question the wisdom of that decision, especially given that internal chemistry and atmosphere is kind of an issue with this organization right now.

43 minutes ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

Idzik, the rumored OC has been with Canales for a long time. It seems like the coach is picking his assistants, not Tepper.

the dallas assistant we are asking to talk to? It just seems like Canales would have at least a core assembled team.

Considering the Shiner Bowl and Senior Bowl are upon us with a partial staff, I guess Morgan and the scouts will be ones attending?  I don't know if Canales will be able to fill out his staff if on the scouting circuit.

1 hour ago, Steelo said:

Not much in the article stating specific times or dates, said that wed likely be waiting a few more days for those, as they are attending senior bowl practices this week. @Mr. Scot if anything pertinent happens on the Athletic this morning I'll post it if you're busy.

FYI: Finally had a moment to read the article. You're analysis is spot on.

The only thing of any real consequence that we didn't already know is the mention of Jim Caldwell being retained. 

Person didn't seem to characterize that as a Canales decision. Not sure how I feel about that given the prior situation.