• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Assistant Coach Chatter

Mr. Scot

I really hope Evero stays because his defensive connections consist of Kris Richard and Ken Norton Jr.

Wouldn’t be mad if he brings Tom Cable along as OL coach. 

Would also rather have Darrell Bevell as OC than Brad Idzik. Idziks name keeps getting mentioned.

• Pie 3

Keep Evero if you can. I hope he stays long-term but get why he'd want to leave.

It might be a reach but it seems like Tepper is allowing Morgan, and hopefully Canales, the room to assemble their own staff. I believe last year Reich was told who to hire, even if they were folks he hadn't worked with before. Looks like Morgan was able to bring in a fellow Seattle guy. 

• Pie 3

Getting Sanjay Lal and/or Chad Morton would be huge. 

Getting Tom Cable is interesting, I have no idea from where the Leslie Frazier thing is.   Would prefer Evero, but (opinion) it feels like this staff will be a fresh break.  I think there are a number of current and former Seahawk defensive minds you could draw from, but - I'm not sure that Canales is a guy who has to have tons of assistants he's worked with.   He brought only Idzik, I don't know how much latitude he had, and he hasn't been a lot of stops, being with SEA so long. 

that said, I come to bring the name of Steve Shimko, who assisted Canales with QBs and is now the OC at BC. 

https://absolutepanthers.blogspot.com/2024/01/guesses-on-next-staff.html

Edited by magnus

19 minutes ago, magnus said:

Getting Sanjay Lal and/or Chad Morton would be huge. 

Getting Tom Cable is interesting, I have no idea from where the Leslie Frazier thing is.   Would prefer Evero, but (opinion) it feels like this staff will be a fresh break.  I think there are a number of current and former Seahawk defensive minds you could draw from, but - I'm not sure that Canales is a guy who has to have tons of assistants he's worked with.   He brought only Idzik, I don't know how much latitude he had, and he hasn't been a lot of stops, being with SEA so long. 

that said, I come to bring the name of Steve Shimko, who assisted Canales with QBs and is now the OC at BC. 

https://absolutepanthers.blogspot.com/2024/01/guesses-on-next-staff.html

That you, Mags? Hey, dude 😎

• Pie 1