• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Doubling down on Young. I don't like it. We NEED Young insurance.

top dawg

3 hours ago, KSpan said:

And for the umpteenth time 'success' doesn't necessarily mean wins and losses. There were still plenty of things to fairly assess Bryce on and he was not impressive on those things in his control. Coupled with the obvious objective physical limitations, it is fair to say his singular performance was poor and that he has challenges to improvement that other QBs don't face.

What's done is done. We're going to have to watch if he hits his Teddy 2.0 potential or not and hope the team around him becomes perfect enough to enable it. Not an ideal situation though.

Football is the ultimate team game. It’s really hard to separate his play from the 10 other guys on the field. Collectively as a unit they struggled. 

Improve the unit, improve the scheme and the kid will show why he was taken first overall. 

It's easy to get caught up in the moment with how terrible we were this year, but I'm not ready to sentence him to death at all (he will never be Stroud tho). With all the reports that have been coming out with how dysfunctional this entire organization has been...it's hard to lay blame on a singular player. Let's see how we look by the end of next season before we really start judging.

Why do we need Bryce insurance?

Giving up on Bryce Young after one year would be absolutely stupid, especially considering what you gave up and the fact you aren’t in a draft position to draft a viable alternative. Say all you want about Bryce, but he was a fairly highly regarded prospect and there is a reason he was drafted first.

Fans also need to come to grips with the fact this team likely won’t be a playoff team no matter who QB’s. The goal is improvement in terms of wins and losses, but also QB play and offensive production. 

if Bryce is truly awful again you’re in a position to draft a QB in 2025, that’s your insurance. 

Otherwise the idea that we need to utilize resources to get another QB is just doing a disservice to finding out what you have in Bryce when those resources could be utilized in getting weapons and protection.

Edited by MGH1989
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

No QB outside the top 10 is going to give you remotely the upside that Bryce will.  Bryce has a great skill set and gives us the best chance to find an elite and franchise QB. 

Why is it so hard to see if the whole coaching staff was dysfunctional and the entire team was horrible at almost every offensive position that we do NOT know if Bryce can be that guy or not.

No one knows.  I don't know. You don't know.  Moton and Chubba are almost literally the only two guys on offense that played average or better.  Judging anything about this entire team based on this year is just plain stupid.

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Loyalty4Life said:

No QB outside the top 10 is going to give you remotely the upside that Bryce will.  Bryce has a great skill set and gives us the best chance to find an elite and franchise QB. 

Why is it so hard to see if the whole coaching staff was dysfunctional and the entire team was horrible at almost every offensive position that we do NOT know if Bryce can be that guy or not.

No one knows.  I don't know. You don't know.  Moton and Chubba are almost literally the only two guys on offense that played average or better.  Judging anything about this entire team based on this year is just plain stupid.

wait, what is this great skill set?  what is his best attribute?

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Loyalty4Life said:

Bryce has a great skill set and gives us the best chance to find an elite and franchise QB. 

What are some of the skills in his 'great skill set'? The ability to differentiate a salad fork from a dessert fork? Looking unflappable while he sips soy milk and takes tiny bites out of a vegan burger? Please do tell.

• Poo 1

6 hours ago, Moonraker said:

It's easy to get caught up in the moment with how terrible we were this year, but I'm not ready to sentence him to death at all (he will never be Stroud tho). With all the reports that have been coming out with how dysfunctional this entire organization has been...it's hard to lay blame on a singular player. Let's see how we look by the end of next season before we really start judging.

5 hours ago, MGH1989 said:

Why do we need Bryce insurance?

Giving up on Bryce Young after one year would be absolutely stupid, especially considering what you gave up and the fact you aren’t in a draft position to draft a viable alternative. Say all you want about Bryce, but he was a fairly highly regarded prospect and there is a reason he was drafted first.

Fans also need to come to grips with the fact this team likely won’t be a playoff team no matter who QB’s. The goal is improvement in terms of wins and losses, but also QB play and offensive production. 

if Bryce is truly awful again you’re in a position to draft a QB in 2025, that’s your insurance. 

Otherwise the idea that we need to utilize resources to get another QB is just doing a disservice to finding out what you have in Bryce when those resources could be utilized in getting weapons and protection.

I didn't say give up on Bryce. I essentially said that you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket. Some of you seem like you're terrified for Bryce to have even the smallest amount of competition. 

As said several times before, 2025 is a little sketchy in regards to QBs. In fact, the 2024 class looks to be obviously deeper. You shouldn't go into the draft saying that I'm going to draft certain positions. You should be drafting the best player available that will likely upgrade your squad. If that's a QB, it is what it is. You shouldn't draft out of desperation, or you're gonna end up with D.J. Johnson. You can't afford to pass up on the BPA and expect good things. 

You just can't assume that just because a QB isn't drafted on day one that they can't usurp players that were. There are really too many historical examples to the contrary.

Young's going to get his shot regardless, but he's still going to have to earn his stay. 

• Pie 1

Because people understand situations and surrounding talent/coaching matter. 

because people realize you can’t accurately judge a rookie by this poo.

how do people watch how god awful the panthers were from top to bottom and think taking a QB at 33 is the smart thing to do? 

Y’all gonna post his college stuff again now? His footwork sucked there too so I hear. I don’t watch. There are things you can coach and things that coaching will not change.

Coach his footwork out? So far out that when under pressure he doesn’t even think about it and never reverts to his tried and true got my ass kicked in the NFL form? Maybe the hardest thing to do in any sport. Look at Tiger Woods and all that mess with his technique. 

And if you can’t coach that footwork out we shouldn’t even be talking about him as an NFL guy.

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

6 hours ago, 0kBoomer said:

how do people watch how god awful the panthers were from top to bottom and think taking a QB at 33 is the smart thing to do? 

is this the new poundaway?

11 hours ago, 0kBoomer said:

First of all, no one has said take a QB at 33, but if one falls based upon evaluations, you should consider him. 

You're right the Panthers were terrible from top to bottom, and what some fail to acknowledge is that Bryce was as big of a problem as anyone, and seriously you can't have that from your first round QB. But, acknowledging that everything was pretty bad, it's fine to continue trying to see what we can get out of Bryce. That doesn't mean that you can't draft talent along the way in whatever round to push Bryce to be whatever he can be.

Sorry, I don't believe that we should hold a cross up and treat another QB like Count Dracula in the upcoming draft. Putting all your eggs in one basket isn't the smart way to plan. If the 49ers had done that, they wouldn't have made it to where they are today.

17 hours ago, GhostOfDocAnderson said:

What are some of the skills in his 'great skill set'? The ability to differentiate a salad fork from a dessert fork? Looking unflappable while he sips soy milk and takes tiny bites out of a vegan burger? Please do tell.

The same skill set that was talked about non stop during the draft process.  It's hard to tell how sweet the chocolate is if it's covered in poo.

I fully admit Bryce could be a bust but he could also be a franchise QB.  I loved the flashes I saw last year.

We literally has Baker the year before last and he was awful.  Then he hooked up with Canales and looked like a starting QB in the NFL.  We hired that same guy so I'm excited about what he can do with Bryce.