• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Legends Roundtable

Mr. Scot

1. I will be watching every episode. 

2. I don't find it fluffy at all. I think they point out, especially about D'Mo is he knows what it takes to play. One point Rucker or Moose made was you can have all the traits and still not be able to play and not be a prototype player but can play.  This will help weeding through the draft and free agency. 

When March 13 comes we should be watching who we bring in. Tough and smart.

They reminded us we went from 1-15 to the Super Bowl in 2 seasons. So why not a repeat.

This got me excited about what could be possible. 

3. I love hearing from all these guys. I'd like them to add Olsen, Jake and Gross.😄

• Beer 1

So the key word seems to be "rebuild" when the plan last year was to drop a rookie qb #1 pick into a playoff ready roster? So even if Bryce is decent by the time the rebuild is done he won't be on a rookie deal anymore. Or they could be acknowledging BY is a bust because they haven't said a word about him 16 minutes into the video

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

honestly, just seeing a fight in the team rather than a squabble behind the doors would be a step toward regaining it.

That I agree with. You will see some fight at first.  How long they will retain the will to fight after the loses start to pile up is another thing. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

That I agree with. You will see some fight at first.  How long they will retain the will to fight after the loses start to pile up is another thing. 

you're right. one of the big challenges is that the last several years the culture within the team has fallen apart and it's become pretty pathetic. they've got no fortitude and it's going to take a while for them to get their stamina up. Canales has his work cut out for him for sure. i think we've got the right guy for the job there, though.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

you're right. one of the big challenges is that the last several years the culture within the team has fallen apart and it's become pretty pathetic. they've got no fortitude and it's going to take a while for them to get their stamina up. Canales has his work cut out for him for sure. i think we've got the right guy for the job there, though.

Yeah he has everything against him right now. His biggest problem is a crappy roster and little assets to change it. No amount of Rah Rah speeches can overcome that. Most fans will get all hyped up thinking he will turn it around this year and we have a shot to make the playoffs. When it doesn't happen he will be enemy #1, especially if Bryce continues to suck.

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Yeah he has everything against him right now. His biggest problem is a crappy roster and little assets to change it. No amount of Rah Rah speeches can overcome that. Most fans will get all hyped up thinking he will turn it around this year and we have a shot to make the playoffs. When it doesn't happen he will be enemy #1, especially if Bryce continues to suck.

if we can get over 5 wins i would almost take that as a success. 7 wins is as good as the playoffs, imo. i don't really expect much except some improvement and something positive to build on.

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

if we can get over 5 wins i would almost take that as a success. 7 wins is as good as the playoffs, imo. i don't really expect much except some improvement and something positive to build on.

That would be great if it came true. They will have to hit on all their acquisitions and Young would have to play up to his potential to get more than 5 I'm afraid. I would not be surprised to see them have the same or barely better record next season. 

Dan will have to make better decisions than has been made in prior years. It's going to take awhile to correct that even if he wasn't necessarily responsible for the bad decisions made by his bosses. It's going to take time.

I'm ready for it if that is what really happens. I'm skeptical Tepper has the patience to see it through. I know most fans don't have it.

• Pie 1

I finally got around to watching this. One thing that stood out to me was that in all the time they spent talking about the great lineage of linebackers, they never once mentioned Shaq. They talked about how the tradition was passed down from Sam to Dan to Beason and Davis to Luke, and it just seemed to end there in their heads. Shaq played with Luke so he should be a part of that tradition, but they didn’t seem to view it that way.

Also all the talk about player led teams and great locker room culture had me torn. On the one hand, it’s great to hear, but on the other hand it never translated to consistent success. We’ve had great seasons, but we clearly need more than attitude and comaraderie to sustain the success season after season.

5 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

I finally got around to watching this. One thing that stood out to me was that in all the time they spent talking about the great lineage of linebackers, they never once mentioned Shaq. They talked about how the tradition was passed down from Sam to Dan to Beason and Davis to Luke, and it just seemed to end there in their heads. Shaq played with Luke so he should be a part of that tradition, but they didn’t seem to view it that way.

Also all the talk about player led teams and great locker room culture had me torn. On the one hand, it’s great to hear, but on the other hand it never translated to consistent success. We’ve had great seasons, but we clearly need more than attitude and comaraderie to sustain the success season after season.

Attitude, talent and camaraderie are 3 essential parts of any successful team. We have struggled to get all 3 at the same time, especially talent. They have been a sprinkling of each at one point or another but never all 3 at the same time in enough players to build any sustainable success.