• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young’s Arm Strength

0kBoomer

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

That play kinda shows what I'm talking about with Bryce though. Burrow put a ball right on the hands of a well covered receiver in stride. Bryce put a ball on the ass cheek of a guy open by 5+ yards.

That’s just a timing issue though. The ball basically travels the same with the same velocity. There are plenty of other examples that one just took 5 seconds to find and was similar with both throwing off the run and the same distance. 

On a side note here is what Burrow did his first offseason to get more velocity. (Take notes Bryce)

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/05/31/bengals-joe-burrow-tweaked-throwing-motion-rehab/

Just now, ForJimmy said:

That’s just a timing issue though. The ball basically travels the same with the same velocity. There are plenty of other examples that one just took 5 seconds to find and was similar with both throwing off the run and the same distance. 

On a side note here is what Burrow did his first offseason to get more velocity. (Take notes Bryce)

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/05/31/bengals-joe-burrow-tweaked-throwing-motion-rehab/

I'm just saying that if you don't have a cannon at the NFL level you better have pinpoint accuracy. On his rookie year, Bryce showed a subpar arm with probably average short to midrange accuracy and subpar deep accuracy. That's not gonna work. That's not gonna get it done in the NFL.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm just saying that if you don't have a cannon at the NFL level you better have pinpoint accuracy. On his rookie year, Bryce showed a subpar arm with probably average short to midrange accuracy and subpar deep accuracy. That's not gonna work. That's not gonna get it done in the NFL.

Yeah I have no idea if he will work out or not, but if I were him I’d be all in on Burrow’s film and offseason regime. Their playing style is similar and neither have a cannon.  Burrow is making it work, granted he has some great weapons. 

Also guess who didn’t throw at his combine??

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/around-the-afc-north-joe-burrow-won-t-throw-at-combine-but-would-play-for-bengal

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly don't know where all this angst about Bryce not throwing is coming from. Seems like a lot of folks wanna be mad at Bryce for duping the Panthers when it's 100% the Panthers fault that they got duped.

I mean throwing with AR, Levis, and Stroud would make most QBs look bad. I don’t blame him. Probably the same reason Burrow didn’t want to throw with Herbert. 

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I mean throwing with AR, Levis, and Stroud would make most QBs look bad. I don’t blame him. Probably the same reason Burrow didn’t want to throw with Herbert.

Difference though of course was that Burrow proved even in his first season that he belonged in the NFL and could hold his own. Our guy needed to at least prove he belonged in the league and now needs to prove it next season or time to move on.

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Difference though of course was that Burrow proved even in his first season that he belonged in the NFL and could hold his own. Our guy needed to at least prove he belonged in the league and now needs to prove it next season or time to move on.

Agreed. The hope is that Young can become a Burrow-Lite with the right cast around him. Burrow started off with Higgins, Boyd, and Mixon. Of course Chase made him next level. 

• Beer 1

20 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly don't know where all this angst about Bryce not throwing is coming from. Seems like a lot of folks wanna be mad at Bryce for duping the Panthers when it's 100% the Panthers fault that they got duped.

I'm not mad at Bryce for not throwing or for putting on weight to appear bigger. He played the pre-draft game that all players and agents do, plus the timely release of his S2 score and Stroud's possible mistaken score, and those things stand out considerably. Making a conscientious choice do do those things was being deceptive on his part. But that's all part of the pre draft game. Acknowledging that he played that game and ultimately ended up as the 1st pick in the draft is just an acceptance of what really happened. People are mad because the Panthers got duped in a process so obvious that even the most lowly uninformed football fan could see it and that's the infuriating part. Personally, I'm not mad that Bryce played the game. I just get mad when people act like he didn't. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I'm not mad at Bryce for not throwing or for putting on weight to appear bigger. He played the pre-draft game that all players and agents do, plus the timely release of his S2 score and Stroud's possible mistaken score, and those things stand out considerably. Making a conscientious choice do do those things was being deceptive on his part. But that's all part of the pre draft game. Acknowledging that he played that game and ultimately ended up as the 1st pick in the draft is just an acceptance of what really happened. People are mad because the Panthers got duped in a process so obvious that even the most lowly uninformed football fan could see it and that's the infuriating part. Personally, I'm not mad that Bryce played the game. I just get mad when people act like he didn't. 

I get it. I guess I just don't consider it "deceptive" because the prospect is clearly saying one of two things. Either A) he's confident sitting on his draft status as is and doesn't think he can improve it or B) he's just flat out admitting that he'll perform poorly.

With Bryce I honestly think it was basically both.

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I get it. I guess I just don't consider it "deceptive" because the prospect is clearly saying one of two things. Either A) he's confident sitting on his draft status as is and doesn't think he can improve it or B) he's just flat out admitting that he'll perform poorly.

Bryce and his agent had to play the game because of his size. He's the smallest QB ever taken with the 1st pick and the smallest NFL QB since the 60's. The intent was to hide his size and his arm deficiencies standing next to his competitors, and to push that mental godliness that would offset any physical limitations. Whether or not anyone actually bought it in its entirety other than Dave, who knows. Again, it's just all part of the game and I accept it as such. But to pretend he was a perfect angel in the process is just as ignorant as pretending he's the only prospect to ever do it. In the end it doesn't really matter. Diamond Dave and Yes sir Scott made the pick and we have to live with the results for another year at minimum. 

Thew thing is that you ca\n say he made

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You are overlooking that the bloat to get the weight up plays a pretty big part in it.

I know he was absolutely consciously taking part in the deception. . 

I know people accept this from the prospects for some reason

I blame the Panthers for not seeing the reality that was banging on the front door, but no one was home. .

Edited by strato