• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers offer deal to Peppers

CanadianCat

not going to get anywhere near that elsewhere.

what a bonehead.

good riddance. i'm glad he didn't take it.

thing to take from this, though, is that there was at least $14mil they were planning on spending on him this year that they can now be free to spend elsewhere. that could be easily used to lock up 2-3 players long term. davis and williams could both be taken care of with that $14mil a year.

I think it's part that and part to give the rest of those in FA that they are willing to spend because the Huddle isn't the only place that the impression they WONT spend is out there.

what would the Panthers recieve in compensation for tampering?

I think it depends on the severity of it but its usually as 1st round pick.... We still would not get to use it this year so dont worry about it though.

Anybody that thinks Julius Peppers wants anything other than money is an idiot. He make comments about other poo as an attempt to save face, much like every girl I dated in high school, but he just wants money. Carolina offered him the biggest contract to play on a team who, at absolute minimum, has the personnel and potential to have a championship-calibre defense. He could have gotten paid, been a captain, been maybe the first career-long Panther HOFer, and could have made bajillions in business deals in the Carolinas after his playing days are over. The guy is an idiot, and so is his agent. I made the earlier reference to high school girls. That's what those two clowns remind me of. Two people who know nothing, think they know everything, one has an STD, and they both will regret damn near every decision they've made in a year or two. I'd say that's about spot-on high school bitch for you.

Anybody that thinks Julius Peppers wants anything other than money is an idiot. He make comments about other poo as an attempt to save face, much like every girl I dated in high school, but he just wants money. Carolina offered him the biggest contract to play on a team who, at absolute minimum, has the personnel and potential to have a championship-calibre defense. He could have gotten paid, been a captain, been maybe the first career-long Panther HOFer, and could have made bajillions in business deals in the Carolinas after his playing days are over. The guy is an idiot, and so is his agent. I made the earlier reference to high school girls. That's what those two clowns remind me of. Two people who know nothing, think they know everything, one has an STD, and they both will regret damn near every decision they've made in a year or two. I'd say that's about spot-on high school bitch for you.

yea, i didn't get laid a lot in high-school either.

I think he wants a ring more than the richest contract he can find.

He has a 1-32 chance here. And since only about 20 teams compete for the Superbowl every season. The odds are a little better in Carolina than in Chicago or hell, I'll say it, even NE. He doesn't care about the ring. Money is all he cares about.

Oh yeah...........Vick.....:lol:

Well I think wherever he signs might help end the debate on why he wanted to leave. I think teams like the Bears and Redskins will throw more money at him than say the Patriots and Eagles. If he choses a place that offered less money, then it would probably be safe to assume it wasn't 100% about money. I think the bottom line is that he wanted out of Carolina no matter what money was offered and it is ok if that hurts your feelings.

Well I think wherever he signs might help end the debate on why he wanted to leave. I think teams like the Bears and Redskins will throw more money at him than say the Patriots and Eagles. If he choses a place that offered less money, then it would probably be safe to assume it wasn't 100% about money. I think the bottom line is that he wanted out of Carolina no matter what money was offered and it is ok if that hurts your feelings.

I still think that he actually believes he will get an offer better than the Panthers. I don't blame Peppers...I jsut think his agent is an absolutely moron.

14 million to play 16 football games per year.....damn that has to be hard to say no to!

Yep. Pep is rich enough, so what wrong with the team offering him a new contract? Simple: more money. Thanks for not giving us the love with turning down the contract 2 yrs. ago that would've make you the highest paid DE in the NFL, Pep. :mad:

so thats why he's interested in chicago? lol.
Agreed!! The bears are no closer to a SB ring this past season then we was. The bears don't really have that good of a team. Hell at this point our team is 10x better then the bears. So I don't see how peppers giving up a contract like this and go to a bears team who did no better then us last year is going to get him a sb ring. I really hate the saints alot. But if peppers truly wants his SB ring fast. His best chances is signing with the saints at a low price contract if he wants that SB ring that bad. But him going to the bears is pretty much like going the lions with no real chances at winning a SB.:rolleyes5:

actually pep refusing the offer makes perfect business sense now. he wants to test fa. why stick with what the panthers are offering when you already know that you are the top fa available in a weak market for fa's? he could out compare the best offers and if he wanted to still come back to the panthers. he is in a win win situation. if we the panthers as cheap as some people say our fo is offered 14 a year, then some team may offer 17 a year. also we dont know how the contract was specifically written, it may have been a lot of money but maybe not the best offer.

Well, at least now we know Hurney and Co. weren't just being dicks and giving him the silent treatment. I appreciate what Pep has done while he was here, but if someone is dumb enough to give a guy more than what we offered to play 1/3 of the plays, have at it...

f**k Carl Carey and his posturing... Dumbass. And apparently Pep doesn't really care to "maximize" his potential if he is looking at the Bears.

Hopefully a lot of people on this board will read that. You have to understand that it takes 2 to tango and most of the time 4 or 5 to get the deal done. A few orgs. and owners are flamboyant about what they do and most others just go about their business quietly. We do and will always fall into the the later category. Like it or not.

Archived