• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I actually hope we just move Rosario to WR and roll with King and Barnidge at TE

SmootsDaddy89

I would rather just draft a WR. Here are options IMO

1. Mardy Gilyard, Tony Pikes go-to guy and special teams contributor.

2. Jacoby Ford, Speedster and a punt returner.

3. Marcus Easley, Has all the size and measurable's of Jarrett but more blue collar.

really the list goes on and on.

Barnidge is the only TE who has wide receiver speed at 4.62 in the 40. Rosario is somewhere in the 4.75 range which is not fast for a TE and very slow for a receiver. Rosario is playing where he should be, coming in as a backup at TE. He struggles to get separation against linebackers and safeties but would never get open against corners who would be much faster than he is. He would be a lousy wide receiver by any standards. Jarrett fell as a wide receiver because he posted 40 times of 4.62 and 4.67. Rosario would die for those numbers.

And please don't waste time saying 40 times dont mean much compared to game results. Lets be serious, Rosario has not been very good by any measure and outside of the one catch against SD last year, has been totally forgettable.

he was the best of our rarely used te's!

Where are people getting that the Panthers didn't use their TE's? Rosario, King, and Barnidge combined for 63 catches for 755yds and 5 TD's in 09. When you consider that the Panthers ran the ball so much and that Delhomme had a terrible season, those are some pretty good numbers.

he was the best of our rarely used te's!

Rosario had the most catches (26)but he only averaged 12 yards a catch and 2 TDs. Barnidge came on strong at the end and while he only caught 12 balls, he averaged 20 yards a catch. King had 25 catches for only 8 yards a catch and 3 TDs.

Barnidge looks the best in my mind with both King and Rosario being mediocre at best.

Barnidge is the only TE who has wide receiver speed at 4.62 in the 40. Rosario is somewhere in the 4.75 range which is not fast for a TE and very slow for a receiver. Rosario is playing where he should be, coming in as a backup at TE. He struggles to get separation against linebackers and safeties but would never get open against corners who would be much faster than he is. He would be a lousy wide receiver by any standards. Jarrett fell as a wide receiver because he posted 40 times of 4.62 and 4.67. Rosario would die for those numbers.

And please don't waste time saying 40 times dont mean much compared to game results. Lets be serious, Rosario has not been very good by any measure and outside of the one catch against SD last year, has been totally forgettable.

If you think he would be playing WR at 250lbs well lol I don't know what to say to you.

1 thing is for sure. We have to start really using Barnidge and Rosario because if we don't they will go to other teams that will and they will have success and it will blow up in our face.

How do you define success for a tight end is the question. If you measure that in yards and YAC then it will most certainly blow up in our face if we were to allow one or both of those guys to go elsewhere. But in reality, that's not the kind of play we need out of our TE. Yes, it's nice to have a big play option at that position but it is by no means a requirement. What is a requirement in this offense is a TE that can block and block well. Another plus is being able to catch passes occasionally. King is more than adequate at playing all aspects of the TE position. He is more versatile than Manumaleuna, who we also coveted at one point.

If I had to pick one position that fantasy football has skewed the most, it would be this one. Being part of an offensive line that ran for over 2,000 yards may not get you into the Pro Bowl the way that 1,100 yards and 10 TD will, but it means just as much if not more to the success of your offense.

I will also add the qualifier that by no means am I supporting the idea of a stone hands TE who can do nothing but block, but King has enough offensive abilities to be that release valve and pick up first downs that he's almost an ideal fit for our offense.

I suppose the most pertinent question here would be.... would you give up 500 yards of rushing between Stewart and Williams for 200 more yards from a less than ideal blocking tandem of Barnidge and Rosario? I wouldn't. Not that anybody can see the future, but I would almost assure you that our running game would suffer if we took King out of the equation entirely.

If you think he would be playing WR at 250lbs well lol I don't know what to say to you.

Why would we make any of our TE into WRs when that puts them at a disadvantage playing against faster corners? The best way to use them is to keep them as tight ends where they enjoy an advantage going against safeties or linebackers. You don't see me saying they should change positions. My point was that Barnidge is the one who is actually fast enough to have wide receiver speed..

Read for comprehension much?

I don't remember Moose blocking many LBs or DE's. I think Rosario could block a CB just fine.

Of course Moose blocks linebackers and safeties on running plays, especiallly when he lines up in the slot or goes in motion on the TE side. Since you are a visual guy I could show you diagrams if it would help. As for Rosario it isn't blocking a CB that would be the problem but separating from them in the passing game. Do you really think that Rosario would help the passing game and take the pressure off Smith. Steve said he needed a guy faster than him for help, not another big guy slower than Jarrett. If Jarrett is projected as a third, that puts Rosario at 4th or 5th.

You really think that is the help we need or do you just like to argue?

No thanks on the diagrams, and you could not find where moose blocked a LB by design more than twice this season. Moose primarily blocked WR's. Rosario could block a safety just fine as well.

You claim Rosario is not fast enough to be a WR because of the faster CB's, but when it is pointed out that he is faster than a WR last season you move on to blocking, but then claim Moose didn't block CB's?

Straw grasping at its finest.

Why would we make any of our TE into WRs when that puts them at a disadvantage playing against faster corners? The best way to use them is to keep them as tight ends where they enjoy an advantage going against safeties or linebackers. You don't see me saying they should change positions. My point was that Barnidge is the one who is actually fast enough to have wide receiver speed..

Read for comprehension much?

Okay well for one, Barnidge had a better 40 time because he was 15 pounds lighter at the combine than Rosario was. Their weight is practically even now.

Two, I put about as much stock in 40 times in general as I do in the possibility that AK will eventually at some point in time say something intellectual and thought-provoking. For example, Deangelo ran a 4.55 at the combine, but I seriously doubt you'd be willing to tout that as his actual game speed.

Three, as I've said before, Rosario doesn't even really bother putting the needed practice and effort into his blocking skills because he doesn't want to block, he wants to catch. He was a freaking fullback at Oregon and still had more receptions and more yardage than our tight ends generally get. Can't imagine why he'd be frustrated playing in our offense. Get him to slim down about 25 pounds, put him at receiver, and he'd be perfectly fine.

Archived