• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Tez Walker!!

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

burrow has a weaker arm then bryce? 

No they both have weaker NFL arms. I’d say Tua and Burrow have below average NFL starting QB arms. Burrow did a lot of work after his rookie year to develop more velocity in his throws and it’s still on the weaker side. I’ve posted articles on how his playing style and accuracy has helped offset his weaker NFL arm. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

No they both have weaker NFL arms. I’d say Tua and Burrow have below average NFL starting QB arms. Burrow did a lot of work after his rookie year to develop more velocity in his throws and it’s still on the weaker side. I’ve posted articles on how his playing style and accuracy has helped offset his weaker NFL arm. 

gotcha

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They don't have great arms but they don't have Bryce's arm limitation either. Honestly, the only way Bryce can generate velocity or depth in his throws is when he has a virtual airport runway to step up into and through the throw. That just doesn't happen a lot against NFL pass rushes. Pockets are usually muddy and Bryce's natural arm talent struggles to operate in that environment. He CAN throw with velocity and he CAN throw deep but everything has to go perfectly and that just doesn't happen with regularity at the NFL level. These were all concerns I voiced pre-draft to widespread mockery on the Huddle.

Throwing deep doesn’t really mean you have a strong arm though. That’s my point. Deep passes are typically WR stats IMO. He can just air it out and let the deep threat go get it. It’s simply a timing thing. It’s why Foles and Minshew got Chark his only 1000 yard season. This all reminds me of the fans mocking Hill for signing to play with Tua. Thinking his arm was too weak was a popular opinion but it turns out it was irrelevant. Do people think Bryce was always running full speed when he would lob it up to Jamo in college? Hell early on this past year he was overthrowing WRs deep. It’s simply timing.

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Throwing deep doesn’t really mean you have a strong arm though. That’s my point. Deep passes are typically WR stats IMO. He can just air it out and let the deep threat go get it. It’s simply a timing thing. It’s why Foles and Minshew got Chark his only 1000 yard season. This all reminds me of the fans mocking Hill for signing to play with Tua. Thinking his arm was too weak was a popular opinion but it turns out it was irrelevant. Do people think Bryce was always running full speed when he would lob it up to Jamo in college? Hell early on this past year he was overthrowing WRs deep. It’s simply timing.

You do have to get the ball there though. That was my point. For Bryce to generate depth in his throws he needs the perfect opportunity. Clean pocket to step into and through the throw. He needs 4-5 yards of clean grass in front of him after enough time for the WR to get deep. It just doesn't happen often in the NFL. 

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You do have to get the ball there though. That was my point. For Bryce to generate depth in his throws he needs the perfect opportunity. Clean pocket to step into and through the throw. He needs 4-5 yards of clean grass in front of him after enough time for the WR to get deep. It just doesn't happen often in the NFL. 

I simply don’t agree with that. He needs to step into his throw for the deep passes yes, but the rest of this is an overreaction.

https://www.panthers.com/video/must-see-young-s-48-yard-pass-to-hurst-is-qb-s-longest-nfl-completion-so-far

IMG_4240.thumb.png.434706438790a767dfbe46e219b605b9.png

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

You guys depress me regarding anything Bryce. I have to admit im probably the same exact way too but does any of us here believe Bryce has a chance to be a premiere player in the league and be a dominant QB? I feel like 99.99% of us has no belief at all unless they give him a perfect team with amazing lineman who never miss a block, running backs who can blast through the line like Bo Jackson and can catch like CMC and WR's that are fast as lightning who run perfect routes and get separation immediately and tight ends who are all world and can block, catch and run like hell while getting open immediately. I mean, holy crap thats impossible personnel to obtain on one team all at the same time.

Just now, ForJimmy said:

I simply don’t agree with that. He needs to step into his throw for the deep passes yes, but the rest of this is an overreaction.

https://www.panthers.com/video/must-see-young-s-48-yard-pass-to-hurst-is-qb-s-longest-nfl-completion-so-far

That was a hell of a good looking deep accurate ball with tons of velocity thrown by Bryce. If I saw that only, I would assume that guy can put the ball anywhere he wants at anytime and would have no issues taking him first.

2 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

That was a hell of a good looking deep accurate ball with tons of velocity thrown by Bryce. If I saw that only, I would assume that guy can put the ball anywhere he wants at anytime and would have no issues taking him first.

Just shows he CAN lob it up when needed. Yes he needs a pocket like many do and he steps into his deep throws again like many other do. I think we got use to Cam with his top tier arm and watching a QB with a lower tier arm is making it look exaggerated to us Panther fans.

• Beer 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Just shows he CAN lob it up when needed. Yes he needs a pocket like many do and he steps into his deep throws again like many other do. I think we got use to Cam with his top tier arm and watching a QB with a lower tier arm is making it look exaggerated to us Panther fans.

So what you are saying is Bryce has hope. If so you may be one of the few. So many have completely given up on him around here. I dont want to and would like to believe but I hope we get him some major help and as well see some major growth next season

10 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Grab Burton in the 4th and let’s reunite this if we address another need in the 2nd.