• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Tez Walker!!

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We'll add another addendum. If the guy is WIDE ASS OPEN. lol

Burton wasn’t in the Alabama clip. Being open also doesn’t magically change someone’s arm strength lol. It can either get there or not on time. Let’s all some more addendums until we get it right. 

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Burton wasn’t in the Alabama clip. Being open also doesn’t magically change someone’s arm strength lol. It can either get there or not on time. Let’s all some more addendums until we get it right. 

I didn't watch the college clip. Y'all gotta let that college tape go. There's 16 NFL games to go off of now and you got one throw to a wide ass open guy to lean on.

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

more college tape......weeeeeeeeee

The second one was NFL. Thats a Panthers uniform. Also the “ability” to throw a deep pass, which is what’s in question here, doesn’t magically change based on where you are playing. Arm strength is what it is. It doesn’t go away in the pros. 

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I didn't watch the college clip. Y'all gotta let that college tape go. There's 16 NFL games to go off of now and you got one throw to a wide ass open guy to lean on.

If he can make a throw like that in college, he should still be able to do it in the pros. Obviously the opposing defenders are better but as far as physically making a throw like that he should at least still be able to do it in the NFL. In other words he did not lose the physical ability to do it I think is what he is saying. College tape or not he still should be able to make that throw physically happen.

Edited by Ricky Prickles

1 minute ago, Ricky Prickles said:

If he can make a throw liek that in college he should still be able to do it in the pros. Obviously the opposing defenders are better but as far as physically making a throw like that he should at least still be able to do it in the NFL. In other words he did not lose the physical ability to do it I think is what he is saying. College tape or not he still should be able to make that throw physically happen.

Yeah, I’m not sure why people can’t grasp this very simple concept. I guess it doesn’t fit a certain narrative? I’m not saying he has a great arm, just he has the ability to air it out if you can give him some time. I’m liking the new excuse of a player being open?? So if a player is open Young’s arm magically gets stronger??

3 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

If he can make a throw liek that in college he should still be able to do it in the pros. Obviously the opposing defenders are better but as far as physically making a throw like that he should at least still be able to do it in the NFL. In other words he did not lose the physical ability to do it I think is what he is saying. College tape or not he still should be able to make that throw physically happen.

I'm just saying there are reasons why there aren't any examples in the NFL and most of those reasons concern playing against NFL defenses. Yeah, the OL was trash. Yeah, the receivers were subpar. But when you play 16 games and a washed up journeyman of a backup has more downfield highlights in the same offense in one game than you did in 16... uh oh.

7 hours ago, top dawg said:

Perhaps on day three. Tez looks like he could certainly use one more year in school because he's simply unpolished as a route runner. Look at his breaks! At this point, to me, he looks like a one-hit-wonder---a speed guy that offers you a vertical threat if he can get off the line relatively cleanly. His physicality is nowhere near A.J. Brown's. 

Admittedly, I didn't watch the above vid, but I have watched others. Tez is not worth our first pick.

He is raw and most of his yardage came on deep balls, some breakaways.  Be weary about WRs who played with an elite QB against somewhat weak competition.  I do like him with a day 3 pick--worth rolling the dice then

• Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm just saying there are reasons why there aren't any examples in the NFL and most of those reasons concern playing against NFL defenses. Yeah, the OL was trash. Yeah, the receivers were subpar. But when you play 16 games and a washed up journeyman of a backup has more downfield highlights in the same offense in one game than you did in 16... uh oh.

Oh, I see what you are saying for sure and am concerned myself on many things regarding Bryce Young but it just shocked me to see that throw on tape as I have began to buy into 99% of the peoples posts on here saying Bryce essentially has an arm no better than my grandma's but that video showed me that he definitely has the ability to make the throw even if he isnt a strong armed QB. In other words, my hope had all but been lost but it gave me just a glimmer that possibly we could see an improved player next season if some things are worked on with him and also worked on around him (a line worth a crap). I dont have all the answers but sure would love to feel some sort of hope rather than just give up totally on next season as well before it is even close to starting.

2 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Oh, I see what you are saying for sure and am concerned myself on many things regarding Bryce Young but it just shocked me to see that throw on tape as I have began to buy into 99% of the peoples posts on here saying Bryce essentially has an arm no better than my grandma's but that video showed me that he definitely has the ability to make the throw even if he isnt a strong armed QB. In other words, my hope had all but been lost but it gave me just a glimmer that possibly we could see an improved player next season if some things are worked on with him and also worked on around him (a line worth a crap). I dont have all the answers but sure would love to feel some sort of hope rather than just give up totally on next season as well before it is even close to starting.

So why isn't he? You can turn on the college tape of anyone drafted highly and find great highlights. They weren't highly drafted because they sucked in college. Honestly, you could say that for anyone drafted, period. You're talking about the cream of the crop of college talent.

3 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

We need to find a Puka Nacua in this draft for sure. Needle in a haystack is out there, we just have to scout better.

Exactly.  I am looking into some day 3 WRs.  There is a potential sleeper in CMC's little brother at Rice.  I have only looked at a few seconds of film, but just so you know, MHS is scouting and doing some deep water bottom feeding. 

• Beer 1