• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Upcoming: 2024 NFL Combine

45catfan

Yes, the Underwear Olympics are upon us.  Tomorrow stats the checking-in process and then the weighing/measuring.  Drills start on Thursday.  Here's a link to look at the participants and keep up with the official recordings.

https://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker/live-results/

Any particular players you guys are interesting in following during this process?

• Pie 3

9 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I want to know who the Panthers are talking to.

I won't have time to watch it.  You can sometimes get a glimpse of coaches/scouts/GMs chatting it up with guys.  They don't speak to everyone, but often times it's just guys talking and not necessarily meaning serious interest in that player.

same here.

at WR... lol there's a list of 20+ i'm interested in and that i would like to get 2-3 of.

There are a few TEs i'm interested in. aside from Sanders after our 1st pick most are later round guys. Erick All, Jared Wiley, and Spann-Ford.

At RB i'd like a good powerhouse/workhorse back. Estime, Isaiah Davis, and Ray Davis. Frank Gore Jr is just a curiosity to me. Isaac Guerendo is just fun to watch and he plays pissed off. 

Then it jumps to defense and i'm really interested in Kris Jenkins (would be great to have another one here).  I want a couple LBs...Trotter, Edge Cooper, Payton WIlson, Cedric Gray, Tommy Eichenberger. I would love to score 2 of them because i think they fit the classic LB mold we had in our better days.

I haven't paid too much attention to the DBs, but I know there are a few CBs who could help us out.

WR is probably my only interest. Normally enjoy watching the combine and reading about who did well, especially in the positional drills. Since we don’t have our 1st rounder, it has taken a good chunk of the fun out of the draft process.

For the folks that think the combine is a silly show and doesn’t matter just remember how good Stroud looked in the QB drills and that Young didn’t participate.

14 minutes ago, rayzor said:

aside from Sanders

If we can address the WR position through Free Agency and grab some good talent.  I'm done with the Chark type players too.  Give me top tier WR and we should get Sanders if he falls to 33.  I have seen a couple of sites that really like this guy.   I, to be honest, am not very up on college players but if this guy is the real deal we definitely could use him.   Our TE group has been terrible since Olsen left us. 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, rayzor said:

same here.

at WR... lol there's a list of 20+ i'm interested in and that i would like to get 2-3 of.

There are a few TEs i'm interested in. aside from Sanders after our 1st pick most are later round guys. Erick All, Jared Wiley, and Spann-Ford.

At RB i'd like a good powerhouse/workhorse back. Estime, Isaiah Davis, and Ray Davis. Frank Gore Jr is just a curiosity to me. Isaac Guerendo is just fun to watch and he plays pissed off. 

Then it jumps to defense and i'm really interested in Kris Jenkins (would be great to have another one here).  I want a couple LBs...Trotter, Edge Cooper, Payton WIlson, Cedric Gray, Tommy Eichenberger. I would love to score 2 of them because i think they fit the classic LB mold we had in our better days.

I haven't paid too much attention to the DBs, but I know there are a few CBs who could help us out.

Interesting, we have a lot of the same guys on our radars, TEs and RBs.  I think we have to take an edge for Burns insurance.  Agreed on DBs, there is plenty of depth there, but with all the other needs, i have put them on the back burner in terms of researching them too.

Estime is going to be gone as I think 4th round is the highest we take a RB.  I also like Allen as a pure slobber-knocker back.  Dude's as big or bigger than LBs.  Any RB under 220 is off the table for me.  Wiley is a TE we can probably grab in the 6th round. 

I would like a 1-tech since we are staying with a 3-4.  Not too many nose tackles in this draft.  T'Vondre Sweat would be ideal, but I doubt we take a DT in the second round, let alone at #33. 

2 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

If we can address the WR position through Free Agency and grab some good talent.  I'm done with the Chark type players too.  Give me top tier WR and we should get Sanders if he falls to 33.  I have seen a couple of sites that really like this guy.   I, to be honest, am not very up on college players but if this guy is the real deal we definitely could use him.   Our TE group has been terrible since Olsen left us

True and unfortunately this isn't the draft to try to replace him. It's Brock Bowers and a bunch of JAGS. 

4 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

If we can address the WR position through Free Agency and grab some good talent.  I'm done with the Chark type players too.  Give me top tier WR and we should get Sanders if he falls to 33.  I have seen a couple of sites that really like this guy.   I, to be honest, am not very up on college players but if this guy is the real deal we definitely could use him.   Our TE group has been terrible since Olsen left us. 

yeah, sanders would automatically be the best TE we've had since Olson, but the bar isn't exactly set high there. still i think he's a beast.

7 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Estime is going to be gone as I think 4th round is the highest we take a RB.  I also like Allen as a pure slobber-knocker back.  Dude's as big or bigger than LBs.  Any RB under 220 is off the table for me.  Wiley is a TE we can probably grab in the 6th round. 

great call on Allen. we need some thunder. we haven't had that in a long time, either. not since stewart. CMC was great (when healthy) but he wasn't exactly a punishing back that's going to push the pile. that's the kind of guy we need teaming up with chuba.

Carson Steel is a punishing RB i'm really liking too and he could be available late like wiley at TE.

this is going to be a nice deep draft i think.

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, rayzor said:

great call on Allen. we need some thunder. we haven't had that in a long time, either. not since stewart. CMC was great (when healthy) but he wasn't exactly a punishing back that's going to push the pile. that's the kind of guy we need teaming up with chuba.

Carson Steel is a punishing RB i'm really liking too and he could be available late like wiley at TE.

this is going to be a nice deep draft i think.

I get sick to my stomach watching Pacheco from KC.  The guy runs so hard and is so beastly. He was a 7th rounder.  I would love to grab a nasty like him in the 4th or 5th. 

• Beer 1

49 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The problem is there is almost never top tier WR talent available in FA - this year is the same.  We won't have a shot at anyone above Marquise Brown, who is a high caliber #2.  We draft or we don't get a top tier.