• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL.com said it...

Brokenbad

No prob. Can't fault you for being lazy (since I haven't done a damn thing all day).

On a side note, the Saints have 28 players (18 restricted, 11 unrestricted) that went to free agency this year, having garaunteed four to come back and having already lost one to Cleveland, and have made zero moves in free agency so far. If the resident Saint fans wouldn't mind telling me what the doom and gloomers are like in the NOLA neck of the woods, that would be wonderful.

Otherwise, if we're making more moves and losing less players than the reigning SuperBowl champs, then I have no worries.

so how many players have they actually lost? also comparing us to a team that just won the superbowl to us who went 8-8 is not that good of a comparison.

Who's behind Charles Johnson? Who's behind Brown? Who's behind who ever in the hell will start at DT? Who's behind Fiametta? Who's behind Smitty? Who's behind Moore? Who's behind Schwartz/Bernadeau? Who's behind the LB core?

We have a lot of holes to fill. The draft will not cover it all and you can't count on the draft.

And you can always count on Free Agency.

Waaa waaa waaa, Panthers aren't spending money we might already have replaced in previous years. We've got linebacker covered, at the very least we have serviceable starters on the defensive line.

We need a WR and some insurance and being aggressive doesn't net you that at the right price.

sup somethingawful buddy

a lot of the backup players we will have are probably on another team right now..Panthers prefer to trade late round picks for unsung guys and find cut players after the draft and preseason...don't get all riled up because they haven't signed big stars like Josh Reed to a multi-year deal :P

Waaa waaa waaa, Panthers aren't spending money we might already have replaced in previous years. We've got linebacker covered, at the very least we have serviceable starters on the defensive line.

We need a WR and some insurance and being aggressive doesn't net you that at the right price.

Leonard had six tackles for us last year and is coming back from IR. Tyler had eight and also went to IR. Irvin had to get stashed on IR because he wasn't very good last season. Nick Hayden needs no explanation. Ed Johnson had one good season two years ago and has mostly just been out of football since getting arrested for possession.

Man, that's serviceable as all hell. What the fug is Kirwan smoking?

Leonard had six tackles for us last year and is coming back from IR. Tyler had eight and also went to IR. Irvin had to get stashed on IR because he wasn't very good last season. Nick Hayden needs no explanation. Ed Johnson had one good season two years ago and has mostly just been out of football since getting arrested for possession.

Man, that's serviceable as all hell. What the f**k is Kirwan smoking?

I would prefer to wait until after the draft, the rest of FA, and into training camp (to actually see these guys on the field together) to make a judgement?

Or, you could go your route.....run around naked in the streets screaming that the world is ending...looking for every possible thing that could go wrong....before you have any support or evidence.

You are the same people that bashed the org for sticking with aging vets and not letting the young talented guys on the field....now you are bitching because we are actually looking for the young guys to play a major role.

I swear, most of the people on this board just like to bitch.

I would prefer to wait until after the draft, the rest of FA, and into training camp (to actually see these guys on the field together) to make a judgement?

Or, you could go your route.....run around naked in the streets screaming that the world is ending...looking for every possible thing that could go wrong....before you have any support or evidence.

You are the same people that bashed the org for sticking with aging vets and not letting the young talented guys on the field....now you are bitching because we are actually looking for the young guys to play a major role.

I swear, most of the people on this board just like to bitch.

Yay. More stupid exaggerations.

Point out where I'm running around screaming. I've said several times that FA isn't over and that the draft hasn't occurred. The sky isn't falling.

I posted stats from last year which tends to make folks like you defensive and start talking about potential.

Kirwan (who was almost gospel here before he started second guessing our off-season) is obviously stupid and has no idea. It's obvious that everything we're doing is to have a better team next year and cutting so many vets in the same year that we have jack poo for draft picks and a horrible FA market.. well, that has nothing to do with money. Jerry is just trying to field a winner.

Yay. More stupid exaggerations.

Point out where I'm running around screaming. I've said several times that FA isn't over and that the draft hasn't occurred. The sky isn't falling.

I posted stats from last year which tends to make folks like you defensive and start talking about potential.

Kirwan (who was almost gospel here before he started second guessing our off-season) is obviously stupid and has no idea. It's obvious that everything we're doing is to have a better team next year and cutting so many vets in the same year that we have jack poo for draft picks and a horrible FA market.. well, that has nothing to do with money. Jerry is just trying to field a winner.

Every post that you have made has said we will suck...the DLine will be swiss cheese....this team will have no defense next season....we are going to be worse off.

Maybe you are not running around naked yet....I bet you are still wearing underwear.

As I said, I think the guys at DT will surprise a lot of people. I also believe we are not finished with our roster. We still have many roster spots to fill. Wait until we see the actual team that will take the field before everyone goes off the deep end.

If we walk into next season with no one behind Johnson and Brown....without another WR...then I will join you in believing that we will struggle.

Until then, I am in a nervously optimistic state.....a holding pattern if you will.

And lastly, I put Kirwin in the same bucket as most of the talking heads in the media. They know very little more than we do. I used to work for ESPN and knew a few of the "experts". If they were experts, they would not be hosting a radio talk show.

Archived