• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL.com said it...

Brokenbad

Waaa waaa waaa, Panthers aren't spending money we might already have replaced in previous years. We've got linebacker covered, at the very least we have serviceable starters on the defensive line.

We need a WR and some insurance and being aggressive doesn't net you that at the right price.

Waaa waaa waaa, Panthers aren't spending money we might already have replaced in previous years. We've got linebacker covered, at the very least we have serviceable starters on the defensive line.

We need a WR and some insurance and being aggressive doesn't net you that at the right price.

You forgot we have NO backups (you did mention insurance though). Most of last years backups are now in starting slots. Do you trust the trash listed as 2nd or 3rd string right now? Let the doom and gloomers spoil your off-season until the FO at least does ONE thing for them. You know how a pessimist operates...you have to give them SOMETHING. :wink:

How will they compete in 2010 if they don't get some experienced players on the roster?...The skill lost must be replaced, and no position has a young, rising star sitting behind the starter.

We have our fair share of experienced players:

Smitty

DWill

Oline

Beason

TD

Harris

Gamble

etc.

No rising star behind starter?

Umm...Jonathan Stewart? ...Matt Moore?...Idunno...seems like another talking head that doesn't know jack sh¡t about the Panthers...

..Carry on...

serviceable starters? um, these guys either have proven they aren't serviceable starters and were let go by other teams or simply have never been starters.......there is no proof they are even serviecable starters. They are serviceable depth.

WR won't do this team any good if they put that crap DL on the field. The DL will make the LBs look average and the secondary bad. it all starts up front and there is a change reaction behind them based on there play.

Smitty

DWill

Oline

Beason

TD

Harris

Gamble

etc.

Umm...Jonathan Stewart? ...Matt Moore?...Idunno...seems like another talking head that doesn't know jack sh¡t about the Panthers...

..Carry on...

did you even read it? rising stars behind the guys that left.

Smitty

DWill

Oline

Beason

TD

Harris

Gamble

etc.

..Carry on...

Who's behind Charles Johnson? Who's behind Brown? Who's behind who ever in the hell will start at DT? Who's behind Fiametta? Who's behind Smitty? Who's behind Moore? Who's behind Schwartz/Bernadeau? Who's behind the LB core?

We have a lot of holes to fill. The draft will not cover it all and you can't count on the draft.

Who's behind Charles Johnson? Who's behind Brown? Who's behind who ever in the hell will start at DT? Who's behind Fiametta? Who's behind Smitty? Who's behind Moore? Who's behind Schwartz/Bernadeau? Who's behind the LB core?

We have a lot of holes to fill. The draft will not cover it all and you can't count on the draft.

Took a look at the roster to make a smartass answer...then I was stopped in my tracks while looking at Defensive End.

Who the hell is Eric Moore?

You forgot we have NO backups (you did mention insurance though). Most of last years backups are now in starting slots. Do you trust the trash listed as 2nd or 3rd string right now? Let the doom and gloomers spoil your off-season until the FO at least does ONE thing for them. You know how a pessimist operates...you have to give them SOMETHING. :wink:

Everette Brown Louis Leonard and Charles Johnson would have been starting on a lot of teams last year had they been there. Not everyone can take over from Julius Peppers, but I'm still not worried.

The defensive scheme is designed for penetration, quickness and pressure, that's what the defensive roster is filled with. A draft pick here and there and we've found our line. Defensive tackle for one is more than fine right now and come a few weeks with on pick there will be a full rotation.

Even if we did want to sign someone who? Who out there fits the scheme? Because from my searching there isn't that option and signing people for the sake of signing them is how you waste money and become a perenial loser as a franchise.

Free Agency is about finding fits for your scheme to fill holes not otherwise already filled. You don't add depth in March, you add depth in April and June.

The argument "you need to be more aggressive to find depth" is retarded and set to fail.

Everette Brown Louis Leonard and Charles Johnson would have been starting on a lot of teams last year had they been there. Not everyone can take over from Julius Peppers, but I'm still not worried.

The defensive scheme is designed for penetration, quickness and pressure, that's what the defensive roster is filled with. A draft pick here and there and we've found our line. Defensive tackle for one is more than fine right now and come a few weeks with on pick there will be a full rotation.

Even if we did want to sign someone who? Who out there fits the scheme? Because from my searching there isn't that option and signing people for the sake of signing them is how you waste money and become a perenial loser as a franchise.

Free Agency is about finding fits for your scheme to fill holes not otherwise already filled. You don't add depth in March, you add depth in April and June.

The argument "you need to be more aggressive to find depth" is retarded and set to fail.

You miss the point. What happens if Brown goes down in the first game? Then what? Count on your DE you drafted? I never said our line wasn't up to snuff. I said...we have no backups. I give the team until the Draft to get on their case so they still have time. But since we have NO PROOF that some of these guys are THE answer (Jame Anderson, Connor, Leonard, Irvin, Tyler) it may pay to be aggressive...just this once. I'd rather them get a proven name, than put my trust in a guy who "looked good" for a game or two last season. And I'm fine with that guy being the back-up.

But like I said...I'm not worried yet.

You miss the point. What happens if Brown goes down in the first game? Then what? Count on your DE you drafted? I never said our line wasn't up to snuff. I said...we have no backups. I give the team until the Draft to get on their case so they still have time. But since we have NO PROOF that some of these guys are THE answer (Jame Anderson, Connor, Leonard, Irvin, Tyler) it may pay to be aggressive...just this once. I'd rather them get a proven name, than put my trust in a guy who "looked good" for a game or two last season. And I'm fine with that guy being the back-up.

But like I said...I'm not worried yet.

Can't deny the lack of experience on the team. If you take out Smith, Kasay, and Baker I think the average ammount of experience on the team is a little better than 3.3 years. That said, we've been begging for some these guys for a while now (Connor, Moore stand out there) and even if the team makes no moves outside of the draft this year, it'll be fun the first two games to see if the young'uns can step up and be the competitors we've been hoping for. I won't be worried until week three.

Although, a win in week one will be essential to a successful year.

Archived