• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

State of the Union

We need to find a reliable scorer for the playoff run, our guys run hot and cold much too often, and Koochie can be great one night and suck the next, and Freddie isn't historically a good playoff goalie (see Toronto) like to see Martin get more consistent starts, between the three we have to find the hot hand at the right time.

If we stand pat we need EVERYONE on their A game and a lot of luck from the hockey gods.

Edited by organicrusty1201
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Regular season is overrated. Just make it to the playoffs and get hot.

That’s the problem. We fizzle our in glorious fashion ever year in the playoffs. Florida last year. Rangers the previous and Tampa the other.  Boston the 19 year. This team can’t get hot or stay hot with its current structure. They needs moves. They need scoring. They need just average goalie play. 

1 minute ago, organicrusty1201 said:

We need a reliable scorer for the playoff run, our guys run hot and cold much too often, and Koochie can be great one night and suck the next, and Freddie isn't historically a good playoff goalie (see Toronto) like to see Martin get more consistent starts, between the three we have to find the hot hand at the right time.

If we stand pat we need EVERYONE on their A game and a lot of luck from the hockey gods.

If we stand Pat unfortunately it’s going to be another playoff bust. We have quickly become the American version of the leafs. 

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Think we all need to take a deep breath here. If come Friday and the team still looks the same then we can all gather our pitchforks but no point in getting bent out of shape quite yet.

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

And even if we aren’t different Friday. Trust the boys. They are a playoff team. I’m really not sure why people act like they aren’t. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

And even if we aren’t different Friday. Trust the boys. They are a playoff team. I’m really not sure why people act like they aren’t. 

I doubt a single person in this forum doesn’t know the Canes are headed for the playoffs. It’s a Cup we’re hoping for and that’s a tall goal as the team is right now.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

7 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

I doubt a single person in this forum doesn’t know the Canes are headed for the playoffs. It’s a Cup we’re hoping for and that’s a tall goal as the team is right now.

That’s the issue with you folks. Lose one game and its world is done. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I doubt anyone thinks like that either.  You sure make a lot of assumptions about folks lol. Canes are currently ranked 9th in the league. It will be a major challenge to win a cup as it stands now. Any advantage we can get with a trade is a plus.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I'm in the camp of let's wait and see what this week brings. That 3rd period vs the jets is a one off, no way is that a metric to justify throwing in the towel on Necas or Jarvy. I feel like you'll have to move one of them if you're going to get an impact scorer. I think they need to make a move but I don't want to move any of our forwards lol Maybe throw TDA or Pecse with Pono out there and see what you can get in return. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Exactly, The Cup is hard to win, it might be the toughest trophy to win in any sport considering the toll that hockey takes on the body and the amount of games it takes to win The Cup.

Losing to the Jets doesn’t change the fact that we still have chance to win The Cup this year.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Brosef. I’ve been the poster child of positivity for years around here. I’m allowed to be angry for once. Im pissed because how much potential and talent this team has had over the last 5 years and have zero cups to show. I know very well it could be worse. It was for 9 years between 10-18. I was at 20 games each year living though it. I never stopped with my tickets.   Buts it’s time to change a few things becasue what we are doing just doest win cups. I hope I’m wrong. I pray I’m wrong.  But I don’t believe this team with KK at 2nd center who isn’t even playing full minutes, pecse and Koochie having horrendous mental lapses…. I just don’t believe. I won’t stop cheering. But we need moves. That simple.   

lose one game. Come on man, there ain’t one way to be a fan. That’s Panthers main forum stuff. 

Edited by Panthers Fan 69

Posted (edited)

….and gents, for the record, I’ll say it again, this group ain’t the main forum. We are a tight group here. Stick together vs going at each other. This IS the best canes forum in earth. No because number or people, because the passion. Let’s stick together and be angry with the team or cheer….but never go at eachother.  Thats main forum BS. 

Edited by Panthers Fan 69
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

….and gents, for the record, I’ll say it again, this group ain’t the main forum. We are a tight group here. Stick together vs going at each other. This IS the best canes forum in earth. No because number or people, because the passion. Let’s stick together and be angry with the team or cheer….but never go at eachother.  Thats main forum BS. 

Just stop talking. 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, panthers81 said:

I'm in the camp of let's wait and see what this week brings. That 3rd period vs the jets is a one off, no way is that a metric to justify throwing in the towel on Necas or Jarvy. I feel like you'll have to move one of them if you're going to get an impact scorer. I think they need to make a move but I don't want to move any of our forwards lol Maybe throw TDA or Pecse with Pono out there and see what you can get in return. 

I don't want to throw in Pono on any deal because I think he has upside that hasn't had a chance to be seen.  I think it would be a mistake.

TDA is definitely out there for a trade and I'd almost think that whatever is going on in the background with Pesce and Skjei could make them available although it would have to be for the best forward on the market.  Pesce hasn't had a great season and doesn't have the leverage he had before the season started.

TDA, Raanta, maybe Suzuki and maybe a 2nd round draft pick is what we have that I can see us using for a trade.  Maybe Pesce to land a top 6 forward.  I'd also include KK at this point, but I am not sure there is much of a market for him - I don't think he'll ever get to where scouts had his ceiling.