• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers not expected to tender Smith-Marsette

15 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

He was the only player on the offense that showed a glimmer of potential.

He had 11 snaps,  51 yds reception, second lowest yds per reception on the roster. What were you watching?

1 hour ago, csx said:

He had 11 snaps,  51 yds reception, second lowest yds per reception on the roster. What were you watching?

Extremely limited action but was very effective with the ball in his hands, and was a threat in an absolutely putrid return game.

I can't think of a single skill player on the team that looked like they were lightning in a bottle and just needed more touches except him.  

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Extremely limited action but was very effective with the ball in his hands, and was a threat in an absolutely putrid return game.

I can't think of a single skill player on the team that looked like they were lightning in a bottle and just needed more touches except him.  

This is the difference between relying on stats and watching the game. Marsette wasn't wasn't given the opportunities he needed to show what he could do. Maybe he didn't know the playbook. Maybe he didn't practice well. But by the end of the season, he was the only player on offense that looked like you had to respect his speed. 

• Pie 2

50 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

This is the difference between relying on stats and watching the game. Marsette wasn't wasn't given the opportunities he needed to show what he could do. Maybe he didn't know the playbook. Maybe he didn't practice well. But by the end of the season, he was the only player on offense that looked like you had to respect his speed. 

Chark looks faster than Smith-Marsette, and, honestly, Chuba does too. The only real thing of note that Smith-Marsette did was take a punt return to the house. Don't get me wrong, I think he's got some juice as a return man, gadget guy, and maybe a 4th or 5th receiver,  but he's not worth 3 mil in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Navy_football said:

My thoughts exactly.