• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Benefit of the doubt....

Jmac

Every season I get my expectations up for the team and they are always dashed.

I don't know what the plan is now. Looks bleak no doubt. I will stay positive that they do have a reason for doing the things they are doing.

I have no expectations for what is next. I will give them a chance to get the team on the right track.

I will give them the benefit of the doubt right now. Let it all playout and see what the end result is.

No

I gave them the benefit of doubt when they took Bryce despite it being glaringly obvious that he just doesn't have the physical traits needed to be an elite NFL QB.

I gave them that benefit of doubt that during the draft process, they saw such a beyond next level mental side of the game that it would more than overcome any physical limitations he had.

While I get he was a rookie on a terrible team last year, his mental side of the game wasn't even average for a rookie QB, let alone the #1 pick who was supposed to have one of the greatest football minds the draft has ever seen.

And all of that is before he somehow looked even worse physically than expected, and I was already expecting him to look like the worst QB in the league from a physical standpoint, he looked like he didn't even belong as a backup in this league.

• Pie 1

It was time to move on from Burns. He's extremely overrated and his play didn't warrant the contract he got. This saga needed to come to an end. We now have 2 high second round picks. It is what it is. I blame Fitterer for not getting us the firsts when he had a chance. This was about as good as we could ask for right now. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

No

I gave them the benefit of doubt when they took Bryce despite it being glaringly obvious that he just doesn't have the physical traits needed to be an elite NFL QB.

I gave them that benefit of doubt that during the draft process, they saw such a beyond next level mental side of the game that it would more than overcome any physical limitations he had.

While I get he was a rookie on a terrible team last year, his mental side of the game wasn't even average for a rookie QB, let alone the #1 pick who was supposed to have one of the greatest football minds the draft has ever seen.

And all of that is before he somehow looked even worse physically than expected, and I was already expecting him to look like the worst QB in the league from a physical standpoint, he looked like he didn't even belong as a backup in this league.

What choice do you have? You aren't going to stop rooting for the team. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

No

The guy that wanted him is gone now. Get over it. We will suck in 2024 and get his replacement in 25

Edited by Daddy_Uncle

14 minutes ago, MGH1989 said:

What choice do you have? You aren't going to stop rooting for the team. 

There are levels of rooting though

No, I don't love the Panthers any less.  No, I'm not considering stopping being a fan.

But for a long time, my favorite teams went as follows, with the number of dots approximating the gap of fandom between each, from "live and die with every game" for Arizona Basketball to "barely remember to check the scores" for the rest of them (like the Red Wings or Tigers).

And to be clear, loving a team and fandom of them is different to me.  Love is how deeply they're ingrained into your heart and soul, whereas fandom is how much you care/think about them on a daily basis.

Arizona Basketball.. Panthers.................. Every other team I root for

In the past 18ish months (basically starting with the CMC trade), it's now shifted to the following 

Arizona Basketball.. Wrexham AFC................................................. Panthers............. Every other team I root for  (yes, I got sucked into Welcome to Wrexham and am now a die hard Wrexham fan for life)

We've traded away draft picks and the 3 best players we've had since the Cam era for Bryce and a bag of loose change.  We can't hire the right coaches, we can't sign the right players, we can't draft the right players, we literally haven't made one good move in this time frame.

I literally never thought I'd feel this way about the Panthers, they were one of 2 teams that were never going to have to win back my interest.  But I can't defend them anymore, it's been that bad.

So again, no I'm not going anywhere as a fan, but right now, I just don't really care much for them in the slightest, they don't register for me on the daily anymore, they're just a thing that I have slight interest in and they have to earn my level of fandom back.

Edited by tukafan21

Off-season is not over. It's just getting started.

Season isn't over. It's still a long way away.

I'm here. I'm just gonna watch with an open and hopeful mind because I'm tired of feeling miserable about the team.

Couch Potato Comedy GIF by Kim's Convenience

I choose the perspective.

• Pie 2

Just now, rayzor said:

Off-season is not over. It's just getting started.

Season isn't over. It's still a long way away.

I'm here. I'm just gonna watch with an open and hopeful mind.

Couch Potato Comedy GIF by Kim's Convenience

Can't wait to see what Tepper's front office and scouts have cooking.

Ice Cream Wtf GIF by Sam Omo