• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Unnecessary Bluntness: Do Panthers already have a draft crush?

13 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Hey thats cool...imma tell you the same thing i tell other folks we can check back on this in a years time and see if they are still the same player then. 

Sure, I dont know any more than anyone else.  Ive been wrong lots of time.  I just prefer my receivers with burst and short area quickness/change of direction.   He can get better at route running most likely but with those other things, he is who he is.  Just not my cup of tea so to speak. 

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

The length of time it took him to break out is a concern, but on the other side of the coin is that he did break out once given the opportunity, and not in a small way. Not sure how you can't see him as a game breaker or playmaker; from what I've read, it's hard not to see him as exactly that. One draft profile (or two) that I read explicitly said that Legette is a big play waiting to happen, and one play away from winning the game. 

Moreover, I said that Tee Higgins made 50-50 balls more like 70-30  Well, Legette has that trait right now (on an off note, someone actually used my "70-30" term in one of their draft profiles or articles on Legette, but I believe I used it on the Huddle first). Legette is a bully ball demigod. The only reason I don't call him a jump ball god yet is because he isn't in the NFL. 

It's just something to think about. I don't know what we're going to do, but I know that Kiper's latest mock has Detroit taking Legette in the first. I do know that if he's somehow there at 65, someone needs to break their ankle getting the card to the podium. 

people penalizing him for not breaking out earlier with a coach grad assistant or WR playing QB....

Apparently, there have been some team leaks about Leggette and his medicals which should resolve this banter.  

image.jpeg.ae62f2216a3302daecc18a7f54b5603f.jpeg

• Beer 1

On 3/20/2024 at 12:37 PM, top dawg said:

Some guys are just gamers. X strikes me as a gamer. I'll take a bully ball catcher. Honestly, that's Tee Higgins' calling card.

-5 to +15 yards past the LOS is where Young will probably live (or die). 

I consider finding players who can consistently win a contested catch battle to be  super highly important because the deep ball range isn’t gonna be so deep.  Winning a race downfield probably puts the defender closer to where ball ends up and you are gonna need that ability to succeed.

I don’t see long striders as valuable to us, at all. In 2.7 or less, speed probably won’t do as much as grip strength, which is a weird thing. We are not on well trodden ground here. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

https://youtu.be/e4GdJN7aUXE?feature=shared

Feels like he will be our guy if he's still on the board. If Smitty approved him then you know the franchise will listen to his advice on WRs. 

I believe that what Smitty has to say will be respected, but that it will be one point of evaluation among several. Unlike some, I may give him more credence (especially as it pertains to his analysis), and suspect that some on the Panthers will too, but I don't believe they're just picking who Smitty likes. All that being said, there's a lot to like about Legette. It's going to come down to why one believes that there was an explosion of productivity in what amounts to his Super Senior year, and whether one believes that Legette's traits will translate to the NFL.