• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft day Hypothetical

5 hours ago, mc52beast said:

We can get a really good player at 33, no need to lose picks to move up. I would rather trade down and get more.

Washington has the 40th pick and there is likely to be an OT lingering around the top of the second.  With a new QB, I see them wanting to move up.  40 and the 100th overall pick is probably what they would offer to drop 7 spots.

1 hour ago, Hoenheim said:

I'm strongly against trading up into R1 unless it's for Jackson Powers Johnson. And even then I'm not willing to part with any 2025 picks,  we're already down a R2 pick in 2025 from the trade up for Bryce last year.

Just generally speaking when you're a shitty team you want to get more picks instead of giving them away. That's part of what screwed Fitterer he kept giving away picks till the very end and it put us in the meteor sized hole we're trying to climb out of right now.

Yeah I much prefer the Dolphins rebuild Idea, although I think they'd have been better off taking Herbert over Tua. Tua is like the very top ceiling of what Bryce could do with an elite offense and now they're kinda stuck in a tough situation whether to pay him elite money to game manage. 

It may not be what some want to hear, but I wouldn't be surprised really at all if we made a move at the very tail end of the first BECAUSE and only because of the 5th year option.  If there's a WR, Tackle, or Pass Rusher we absolutely love at the end of the first, I could see us expending a small amount of draft capital to move up and get him so that we have that player locked down for 5 years instead of 4.  

• Pie 1

The plausible scenario to trade up is to trade both our 2s to go get powers an elite center which makes sense considering all the money they paid for the guards with a huge ? Mark at center I dont think they would leave it that way. If they don’t think Frazier is it cause he is on the smaller side who can be push back then I could see them going for a power center in Johnson then wr in the 3rd

Edited by Panfan35

On 3/22/2024 at 10:32 PM, strato said:

No. Edge is a higher priority at that point. I think. I could see going WR if the WR is that much stronger than the edge but we need an edge bad.

Problem is that it’s not a good edge class but it is a great WR class.

I’ll repeat this again. We were the worst talented roster in the NFL last year. We have not improved enough over last year considering our losses to have a priority. I couldn’t care less if we can’t rush the passer. We have almost no chance at a playoff spot, let alone a Super Bowl victory, so if we see a Justin Jefferson or Higgins/Pittman at 33, take them.

Here’s an example. 2020 draft, a really deep at WR class:

Lamb - 17

Chaisson - 20

Jefferson - 22

Aiyuk - 25

Higgins - 33

Pittman - 34

YGM - 38

Heck, Chase Young went 2nd. We’d do ourselves a disservice to reach for edge when we know it’s a deep WR class. There will still be WR busts but edge is like QB/OT, they tend to be over-drafted.

If we want to dig out of this talent hole we are in, we have to go BPA not priority and we have to get value, which means grab a WR at 33 that might be a mid to mid-late 1st in other years. Don’t grab a guy like Chaisson/YGM who might be 2nd to later 2nd picks in a deep edge class.