• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We essentially turned Mike Williams down

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

You guys realize that the Jets are in New Jersey right? None of them live in Manhattan, they live like an hour west in a regular boring Jersey suburb

I'll bet more Giants/Jets players live in Manhattan than you'd think

Remember, most of these guys live well beyond their means, even for how much money they make.  It's why so many professional athletes go broke not too long after they retire.

The players with families, yea, they live out in the NJ suburbs, but the single ones who like to live it up and party, I'll bet they live in NYC proper

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

While we are talking about our dream locations I would move to Colorado Springs if I hit the lottery. Such a beautiful peaceful place. Enjoy nature and live the rest of my life in peace.

My "what do you do if you win the lottery" is a super easy one.

I move to Tucson into a house on a golf course, and the day I get into town, I walk into the Arizona athletic department and ask how much money I have to donate to get courtside seats for life and I cut them a check.

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

You guys realize that the Jets are in New Jersey right? None of them live in Manhattan, they live like an hour west in a regular boring Jersey suburb

While you're  technically right, people from that entire area is migrating to NC as well.

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

While we are talking about our dream locations I would move to Colorado Springs if I hit the lottery. Such a beautiful peaceful place. Enjoy nature and live the rest of my life in peace.

Pueblo is cheaper and more peaceful in my opinion. Some people talk poo about the crime, but it's all relative. I've experienced areas with much worse crime.

Of course I hate to go to Charlotte and Raleigh now, so I've grown accustomed to smaller places without all the hustle and bustle and traffic. 

6 minutes ago, RJK said:

Eh free agents are just using Carolina as a leverage team. He only asked Carolina to match to try and squeeze more from NY. He was never coming here 

Perhaps, but it says "match." I was surprised we were even looking at him, so I'm good.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I'll bet more Giants/Jets players live in Manhattan than you'd think

Remember, most of these guys live well beyond their means, even for how much money they make.  It's why so many professional athletes go broke not too long after they retire.

The players with families, yea, they live out in the NJ suburbs, but the single ones who like to live it up and party, I'll bet they live in NYC proper

So, the Giants play in New Jersey. And, at least this year, they practiced entirely in New Jersey. But where do the players live?

Giants spokesman Pat Hanlon told us in an e-mail that the entire roster calls the Garden State home during football season.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2012/jan/29/chris-christie/chris-christie-says-new-york-giants-are-new-jersey/

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

So, the Giants play in New Jersey. And, at least this year, they practiced entirely in New Jersey. But where do the players live?

Giants spokesman Pat Hanlon told us in an e-mail that the entire roster calls the Garden State home during football season.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2012/jan/29/chris-christie/chris-christie-says-new-york-giants-are-new-jersey/

hmmm, that's interesting, wouldn't have guessed that.

The one thing I'd point out is that it does say "during" the football season, which makes sense given how often they have to be there.  But it is only 4 months out of the year, maybe they live in NYC the rest of the year, dunno

23 minutes ago, top dawg said:

What does that have to do with all the people that have moved from NY to NC really pre and especially post pandemic? My point is that you are trying to act like there aren't reasons why Mike Williams (or anyone) wouldn't chose NC or Charlotte over NY or NYC. That's obviously not the case in his case (or he wouldn't have given us the chance to match) or the case for the thousands of New Yorkers that have moved here since 2019.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.qcnews.com/news/local-news/study-charlotte-among-fastest-growing-cities-new-yorkers-top-list-of-new-residents-coming-in/amp/

Mike Williams signed with NY.

23 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

My "what do you do if you win the lottery" is a super easy one.

I move to Tucson into a house on a golf course, and the day I get into town, I walk into the Arizona athletic department and ask how much money I have to donate to get courtside seats for life and I cut them a check.

Sounds like damn good plan to me. I'm not a golf fan, but if that's your passion seems like a dream to live on a golf course.

You ever golfed at Southern Pines?

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I rest my case!

You're being intentionally obtuse (I hope). 

That's not even what the thread is about. That still doesn't change the fact that he apparently tried to give us an opportunity to match and that we just refused to go down that rabbit hole. It doesn't change the fact that it appears that our FO decided to say "Fúck it, we're not doing that," for whatever reasons. It doesn't change the opinion that there is better value in the draft, or that it could directly increase the probability of double dipping at receiver with our first two picks, and it ultimately doesn't rule out the possibility that if we had matched the Jets that Williams wouldn't have preferred Charlotte. Come on, CWC. 

• Pie 1

Just now, top dawg said:

You're being intentionally obtuse (I hope). 

That's not even what the thread is about. That still doesn't change the fact that he apparently tried to give us an opportunity to match and that we just refused to go down that rabbit hole. It doesn't change the fact that it appears that our FO decided to say "Fúck it, we're not doing that," for whatever reasons. It doesn't change the opinion that there is better value in the draft, or that it could directly increase the probability of double dipping at receiver with our first two picks, and it ultimately doesn't rule out the possibility that if we had matched the Jets that Williams wouldn't have preferred Charlotte. Come on, CWC. 

Just screwing with you man. 

18 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

hmmm, that's interesting, wouldn't have guessed that.

The one thing I'd point out is that it does say "during" the football season, which makes sense given how often they have to be there.  But it is only 4 months out of the year, maybe they live in NYC the rest of the year, dunno

If that congestion tax goes through I think any that do live in the city will probably move out. $15 every time you go in or out of Manhattan in a car. I know Eli lived in Hoboken but the Giants facility is closer to the city, Jets are Florham park and that's probably an hour each way with traffic. Darnold def lived in a regular Jersey suburb