• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Musings from Smitty's analysis of another Xavier (not Legette or Worthy)

I don't watch enough college ball (or any outside of Georgia to be honest) to have even heard of Colorado receiver Xavier Weaver, but Smitty was impressed with his speed and ability to pluck the ball out of the air. Smitty said that Coach Prime said Weaver has got that "dawg" in him (sorry guys, it's a serious but amusing Huddle cultural thing now...born from Dan Morgan). 

Weaver is a small, partly due to sickness where he lost some weight, but he apparently is never going to be big even after he puts the weight back on. But it seems like dude can get open open. He attacks the cushion with speed and breaks the DB down. He looks like the type of receiver that will take it to the house if the DB does the wrong thing. Smitty says Weaver doesn't just rely on speed, and has a lot of potential and upside. Sounds like a later round prospect or a priority UDFA to target.

-"If we even, we leavin'," is a new saying that Smitty dropped in the video. He says that if the receiver's hip is even with the corner's near the top of the route (like in the case of Weaver), then the receiver going to run away. He said that Weaver's going to run away from the DB in that scenario, and there's nothing that the DB can do about it.

-Shedeur Sanders' ball placement under pressure leaves a little to be desired. I'm saying it now: He's not a true first round talent.

-Smitty basically said though you know what the top receivers are, but that there is so much "mystery" in the 20s, 30s and 40s (in reference to draft pick projections) that you might not mind picking receivers a "couple of picks" before you normally would because they are such a great fit your system, and "they are dangerous." 

@LinvilleGorge or any other person familiar with that side of the country, any insights about Weaver The Receiver (lifted from the comments section)?

Edited by top dawg

56 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I don't watch enough college ball (or any outside of Georgia to be honest) to have even heard of Colorado receiver Xavier Weaver, but Smitty was impressed with his speed and ability to pluck the ball out of the air. Smitty said that Coach Prime said Weaver has got that "dawg" in him (sorry guys, it's a serious but amusing Huddle cultural thing now...born from Dan Morgan). 

Weaver is a small, partly due to sickness where he lost some weight, but he apparently is never going to be big even after he puts the weight back on. But it seems like dude can get open open. He attacks the cushion with speed and breaks the DB down. He looks like the type of receiver that will take it to the house if the DB does the wrong thing. Smitty says Weaver doesn't just rely on speed, and has a lot of potential and upside. Sounds like a later round prospect or a priority UDFA to target.

-"If we even, we leavin'," is a new saying that Smitty dropped in the video. He says that if the receiver's hip is even with the corner's near the top of the route (like in the case of Weaver), then the receiver going to run away. He said that Weaver's going to run away from the DB in that scenario, and there's nothing that the DB can do about it.

-Shedeur Sanders' ball placement under pressure leaves a little to be desired. I'm saying it now: He's not a true first round talent.

-Smitty basically said though you know what the top receivers are, but that there is so much "mystery" in the 20s, 30s and 40s (in reference to draft pick projections) that you might not mind picking receivers a "couple of picks" before you normally would because they are such a great fit your system, and "they are dangerous." 

@LinvilleGorge or any other person familiar with that side of the country, any insights about Weaver The Receiver (lifted from the comments section)?

My former college RB buddy use to say that all the time about himself and in terms of what he said was competitive speed. "If I'm even, I'm leavin'.

Edited by kungfoodude