• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Xavier Legette and Peyton Wilson 33 and 39

24 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

He's raw like Mingo. Point being another physical specimen that needs a lot of refinement isn't what we need.  Again, we already have one of those.

I mean, yeah, they both are raw...but I still don't think that then makes them comparable prospects.   Leggette's skill set and style IMO projects to him being able to be a factor quicker than Mingo.   Which is why Leggette had a dominate season in the SEC.....and Mingo never saw such. 

and as I have said from the jump, I really want a WR double dip. That's always been when I brought Leggette in.   Frankly, I wish we just drafted the 2 best WRs, BPA at TE and RB the next 2.  Top 4 all offense.  Focus on adding young skill talent on O this draft.  Cupboard is bare everywhere.  Make it an O skill talent draft. 

On 4/6/2024 at 2:41 PM, CRA said:

I mean, I’ve been lobbying for Leggette for weeks and weeks.  And it started before the combine….but now I’m some Clemson hater?  

my ideal draft I was pitching was a back to back of some sort of Mitchell and then Leggette back to back play and that was before we picked up that 2nd. 

and the top of the 3rd was a possibility then.  Now people are driving him up their boards higher.  Which happens. 

so yeah, I’d love Leggette.  At the right place. Which isn’t the 33rd. 

I’m a Clemson fan but I would absolutely love to hear his name called with one of our 2nd round picks (preferably #39). Watch him play a few times last season and he’s the real deal.

5 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

I’m a Clemson fan but I would absolutely love to hear his name called with one of our 2nd round picks (preferably #39). Watch him play a few times last season and he’s the real deal.

yeah, the only thing I will say about Leggette.....is I don't think Bryce Young would be a good fit for him given what we saw from Bryce.  

but I also don't think Bryce Young showed enough to have him influence big future investments.  Just short terms ones.  I think our front office should be building going forward for what would be good for a QB.   

Leggette seems ideal for a Jake Delhomme type.  Which ain't Bryce. 

11 hours ago, Byrdman4real said:

Exactly what I'm thinking they will do. If Legette is taken, they will draft Corley.

Corley may be a good receiver for us. I certainly don't believe that we'll pick him at 33 though, and 39 is even a reach. He may be a decent consolation prize. He's not as big, not as physical at the catch point as Legette, and not as fast or athletic, but he can still make plays with his running. He'll likely need more development than Legette, but I can see us trading down and trying to get him. With him, and let's say a Malik Washington, we'd have something to work with.

I just want a physical guy who's an obvious X that has WR1 upside. 

On 4/6/2024 at 2:49 PM, CRA said:

I’ve been a Leggette praiser bruh.  Tons of threads where I’m arguing for him.  I mean, he has been part of almost every mock scenario I have pitched since pre-combine.

I just don’t want him at 33.   Say that one thing and you erase all my Leggette stan posting lol.

I'm with you on most accounts regarding Legette. But---and I could be wrong, mind you---I don't get the "I just don't want him at 33," thing, or the "not at 33" thing.  

I think that most Huddlers are simply not understanding that this draft is extraordinary in regards to receiver talent, and it all begins at the top with Harrison who is the alpha dog of this draft. Odunze and Nabers are great prospects. But for those three (and I realize it's a little contrived to say that), Legette would be a lock first round talent in this draft, and he honestly may still go in the first because all it takes is one team to value him that highly. People are dinging Legette for the lack of total production throughout his college career, but not truly looking at the reasons why. 

If we take him at 33, I won't have any problem with it. Sure, I'd love to get him later, but he simply may not be available due to his upside.

It depends on what is still there at 33. I like Legette and do believe he is what Young needs.

Because I don’t think Young is gonna be anything at all unless he gets over the NFL/College open differences. He, rightly, lacks confidence in his ability to put the ball “there” on time. But if he does get over that there will be more contested balls. And that 2.7 second thing should lead to more of it too. 

But at the same time I don’t feel this urgency to overpack the WR room when they just took Mingo high last year that should be better, and there is Theilen, the new Pittsburgh guy...

I mean, year we should find at least one more WR to add to the mix but if there is a killer BPA type that could help at C or CB or LB, stud TE would be useful, whatever looks best.. or a trade for one of the QBs will get us straight. 

Might even remember that we don’t have a 2nd next year,  if you could get something an overpay that gave a future 2, you should do your analysis of that scenario too. 

Brugler’s “Beast” is coming out that is heavily intel based and Legette is 77 overall, mid third grade.

Pros: vertical ability, contested catches, AJ Brown esque  traits but isn’t apples to apples.

Some of the Cons: Measured shorter than expected, limited production, and simply isn’t ready to be a starting X due to route running and his ability against zone

• Pie 1