• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 Mock Draft Report 4.0

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd do back flips for this one

Screenshot_20240402-123137.thumb.png.92a6d09e3fbebd9ce526ccc81348e7c4.png

I think that's the best value for next year. Would love a starting OC, but this combo likely yields the greatest returns in season 1. 

No way I take a CB or an OT with the one of the first 2 picks. 

10 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

No way I take a CB or an OT with the one of the first 2 picks. 

BPA BPA BPA! 

We could stand a nice CB, and I'll never get mad at taking an OT. Now of course the actual players picked need to give you a commensurate return on investment. 

From my perspective, drafting is an exercise in value and weighing opportunity costs, both in the immediate and in the long term. It's the prime cut of team building. 

22 minutes ago, top dawg said:

BPA BPA BPA! 

We could stand a nice CB, and I'll never get mad at taking an OT. Now of course the actual players picked need to give you a commensurate return on investment. 

From my perspective, drafting is an exercise in value and weighing opportunity costs, both in the immediate and in the long term. It's the prime cut of team building. 

Agree. BPA - at a position of need and fit.

I'd just love for the Panthers to follow the draft's strengths for once. They always tend to out think themselves. This team needs playmakers. This is a draft that will have real playmakers in the 2nd. Why take a CB and/or OT when a true playmaker (or 2) will be there for the taking? A CB and OT is best if you don't hear their name being called. A WR and pass rusher is best when their name is called. 

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Agree. BPA - at a position of need and fit.

I'd just love for the Panthers to follow the draft's strengths for once. They always tend to out think themselves. This team needs playmakers. This is a draft that will have real playmakers in the 2nd. Why take a CB and/or OT when a true playmaker (or 2) will be there for the taking? A CB and OT is best if you don't hear their name being called. A WR and pass rusher is best when their name is called. 

I hear you, but that's going to come back to value and opportunity costs. WR is deep (and I've heard that this will be the case in 2025 also), so you might be able to get a playmaker or two on day 3. Receivers like Malachi Corley, Malik Washington, Brenden Rice and Roman Wilson could very well be there later on day two. There are others too. I mean if Kool-Aid McInstry is still on the board or Olu Fashanu, for example, you have to weigh the pitential costs of passing them up, that's all I'm saying.

• Beer 1