• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Miller: 1st round could have 8 WR’s

34 minutes ago, Martin said:

I have a feeling that either him or Chop Robinson will be there at 33, and if so it should be a no brainer. Not sure how good of an indication mock drafts are, but both have started to slip to late 1st, and occasionally, early second lately.

I hope you are right, but just dont see it with jpj.  He is the classic steelers type player.  I dont know much about Robinson other then he lit up the combine but is a bit undersized

On 4/5/2024 at 4:46 PM, ForJimmy said:

8 WRs and possibly 4 QBs.  Some player is going to drop to 33 that shouldn't be there.  We need to take advantage of that...

Up to 6 QBs. I don't see less than 5.  McCarthy has caught fire recently and Penix had a solid pro day where he's probably going ahead of Nix now.  The idea that somehow only 1 QB gets selected amongst Vikings, Broncos and Raiders...to a lesser extent Seahawks and Saints is undervaluing this top heavy QB class.  Despite the smoke out there, QBs will go 1,2,3 at the top of the draft.

7 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Up to 6 QBs. I don't see less than 5.  McCarthy has caught fire recently and Penix had a solid pro day where he's probably going ahead of Nix now.  The idea that somehow only 1 QB gets selected amongst Vikings, Broncos and Raiders...to a lesser extent Seahawks and Saints is undervaluing this top heavy QB class.  Despite the smoke out there, QBs will go 1,2,3 at the top of the draft.

If a team is dumb enough to take Nix in the first, I’m all for it. Better value for us at 33. Penix could slide into the first but he is also old with a nasty injury history and was barely pressured at Washington. Penix under pressure vs Michigan was very alarming IMO, but I could see a team reaching on him. 
You definitely have the big 3 and JJ in the first IMO. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Nix isn’t going R1–just highly doubt it. Penix is a maybe.

And if that many WRs go, then Arnold or McKinstry could be available at CB, Chop at EDGE, Darius Rob, and a few  high level IOLs like Barton, King Sua, Morgan. 

I just hope we exhibit some patience and don’t force anything. Hated that feeling after Fitt’s selections.

23 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Nix isn’t going R1–just highly doubt it. Penix is a maybe.

And if that many WRs go, then Arnold or McKinstry could be available at CB, Chop at EDGE, Darius Rob, and a few  high level IOLs like Barton, King Sua, Morgan. 

I just hope we exhibit some patience and don’t force anything. Hated that feeling after Fitt’s selections.

Nix, maybe not a first rounder, but Penix, definitely.  Too many QB needy team in the first round just to be passing up quality QBs.  I can't see Denver and Raiders both passing up a QB.  Don't be surprised to see the Raiders move a few spots ahead of Denver--possibly the Vikings-- to get a QB.  The Vikings quite possibly may move up simply to fend off Denver and Vegas from leapfrogging them.  These teams aren't dumb, realizing all 3 are QB needy and picking sequentially 11,12,13.  A bit of a game of checkers will be happening I suspect.

Here's how I want the WRs.  We know at least 5 WRs will be draft before us.  Assuming Mitchell is the last 100% gone by #33, my ranking would then go:

1) Franklin

2) McConkey

3) Polk

4) Pearsall

5) Colman

6) McMillian

7) Legette

8 ) Corley

9) Burton

10) Wilson

My rankings of WR's go like this. 

Harrison JR top 5 

Nabers  top 10 

Rome between 10 and 15 

Brian Thomas 15 to 20 

Worthy 16 to 26 

Then it gets interesting.  Keon, Ladd and Mitchell all have potential to be that 6th WR taken but I don't see all of them squeezing into the 1st. Mitchell to the Bill's and Ladd to the Chiefs makes sense. That said I think it's more likely that 6 WRs go in the 1st than 8.  

Worthy, Keon and Mitchell all have more question marks than Ladd but have physical traits that are more elite. Pearsall and other 2nd tier guys will likely be there at 33 or even 39 so I'm not worried.  This is a ridiculously talented and deep class. Xavier Leggette would be a 1st rounder in many prior classed.