• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 Game 1 Canes vs Isles 5pm Saturday

5 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Guentzel (re-sign) - Aho - Jarvis (re-sign)

Svechnikov - Kuznetsov - Vet FA

Martinook (re-sign) - Kotkaniemi  - Fast

Nadeau - Drury (re-sign) - Noesen (re-sign)

Vet FA

Slavin - Burns

Orlov - Chatfield (re-sign)

Skjei (re-sign) - Morrow

Vet FA

Andersen

Kochetkov

-------------------------

With the departure of Necas, TT and Staal retiring, there's plenty of cap space. The first domino is Guentzel, obviously. If he doesn't want to stick around, I think the priority then becomes Necas, TT or finding yet another goal scorer.

Necas is restricted if Staal doesn't return we have the space to match anything.

Also one thing that was much more apparent to me at ice level the Hurricanes are much much faster than the islanders and I don't just mean a few players every Cane is faster just about, could have something to do with them having to be playoff mode for two weeks already bit they are slower to begin with.

25 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

Necas is restricted if Staal doesn't return we have the space to match anything.

Also one thing that was much more apparent to me at ice level the Hurricanes are much much faster than the islanders and I don't just mean a few players every Cane is faster just about, could have something to do with them having to be playoff mode for two weeks already bit they are slower to begin with.

I’m not a big fan of Necas. I don’t think he’s the type of player that really fits with Rod’s system. I think Necas is similar to a Skinner or Lindholm in that that he’d put up better offensive numbers in a different system but in our system he’s too streaky.

11 minutes ago, Chief_Chokeaho said:

Svech looked like the best player on the ice last night imo. He’s going have a big impact this year. 

Svechnikovs game is better suited for the playoffs than regular season he's going all out his physical play driving style combined with his speed is a mismatch for the isles

• Pie 2

36 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Guentzel (re-sign) - Aho - Jarvis (re-sign)

Svechnikov - Kuznetsov - Vet FA

Martinook (re-sign) - Kotkaniemi  - Fast

Nadeau - Drury (re-sign) - Noesen (re-sign)

Vet FA

Slavin - Burns

Orlov - Chatfield (re-sign)

Skjei (re-sign) - Morrow

Vet FA

Andersen

Kochetkov

-------------------------

With the departure of Necas, TT and Staal retiring, there's plenty of cap space. The first domino is Guentzel, obviously. If he doesn't want to stick around, I think the priority then becomes Necas, TT or finding yet another goal scorer.

I want Kuznetsov to retire as well, at this point his career he’s not a 2C and last night doesn’t change that.

He’s a streaky player that doesn’t provide anything if he’s not putting up points.

• Flames 1

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

I’m not a big fan of Necas. I don’t think he’s the type of player that really fits with Rod’s system. I think Necas is similar to a Skinner or Lindholm in that that he’d put up better offensive numbers in a different system but in our system he’s too streaky.

Still you don't let a player walk of his caliber without having a replacement already in hand... even when he's not making plays his speed creates space on the ice.... 

Also I agree Jarvis is a guy I don't want them to give a bridge deal sign the man now same as I said when he made the roster the man is only going to get better he's a core piece his defense matches his offense and it wouldn't shock me to see him at his natural C postion next season.

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I want Kuznetsov to retire as well, at this point his career he’s not a 2C and last night doesn’t change that.

He’s a streaky player that doesn’t provide anything if he’s not putting up points.

It does prove he's likely a crafty playoff acquisition he makes our fourth line a legit threat to score as well as the second PP unit....

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

Still you don't let a player walk of his caliber without having a replacement already in hand... even when he's not making plays his speed creates space on the ice.... 

Also I agree Jarvis is a guy I don't want them to give a bridge deal sign the man now same as I said when he made the roster the man is only going to get better he's a core piece his defense matches his offense and it wouldn't shock me to see him at his natural C postion next season.

That’s why you trade him. Rights get traded all the time with extensions in place.

3 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

It does prove he's likely a crafty playoff acquisition he makes our fourth line a legit threat to score as well as the second PP unit....

For sure but he’s not a 2C and you can’t pay another 4C almost $4M, we are already paying a 3C (Kotkaniemi) almost $5M.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

For sure but he’s not a 2C and you can’t pay another 4C almost $4M, we are already paying a 3C (Kotkaniemi) almost $5M.

I have a feeling KK gets bought out or we pay someone to take 75% of his contract....  I have a feeling our top centers next year Will be 

1C Aho

2C Jarvis

If we win the cup I think Staal retires so 

3C Drury 

4C not sure 

2 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

I agree but only if you get a top 6 piece like it or not he's definitely a top 6 talent.

I mentioned Zegras as a possibility. Finished with 8 points in his last 8 games, 60 point center, with the right coaching he’s a 70 point player in my opinion. And he’s a center.

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

I have a feeling KK gets bought out or we pay someone to take 75% of his contract....  I have a feeling our top centers next year Will be 

1C Aho

2C Jarvis

If we win the cup I think Staal retires so 

3C Drury 

4C not sure 

It’s possible, if he’s bought before 2026 then we only owe him a third of his contract.