• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Roar Podcast with John Ellis is back

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

f you are so certain that Bryce is going to fail, why would a new coach and GM not cut him right away?  They have no ties to him.  Why would they simply not make Andy the starter?  Are they stupid? 

Because Tepper writes the checks, he wanted Bryce and he's hiring people to attempt to make him not look like an idiot for the trade. We already knew he was in on Watson, wanted Stafford, Russ, all these guys said no thanks so he had to go to the draft to quench his thirst and just like the Rhule hire, he bought the media hype on a questionable hire

So if you think you know more than Morgan and Canales in relation to Young, say so.  They seem to think they can make something of Young--but some of you are acting as if you know more than them.  What would you do differently, and how did you acquire so much football acumen?  (2 part question).

Edited by MHS831

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

They seem to think they can make something of Young--but some of you are acting as if you know more than them. 

Because they want jobs dude.  would tepper hire either if they said, "look man, bryce aint it, he just aint"?  Nobody was beating down morgans or DC door for interviews for jobs.  They are going to say and do whatever it takes to get hire and props to them for playing the game and fooling tepper

And you can go pull my posts from pre draft last year, myself and others were calling this before he was drafted.  So yeah man, if morgan was all in on Young over stroud, then I absolutely more knowledgeable then he or DC.  

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Because they want jobs dude.  would tepper hire either if they said, "look man, bryce aint it, he just aint"?  Nobody was beating down morgans or DC door for interviews for jobs.  They are going to say and do whatever it takes to get hire and props to them for playing the game and fooling tepper

And you can go pull my posts from pre draft last year, myself and others were calling this before he was drafted.  So yeah man, if morgan was all in on Young over stroud, then I absolutely more knowledgeable then he or DC.  

Yeah this is no debate lol. How one could seriously think Bryce even played all of last years games for any reason beside Tepper wanted to trade for him and can't subside his ego...Dude literally threw a drink on a dude out of frustration at the end of the year because he knew he fuged up and then turned around and hired a QB whisperer to double back on his gamble for another year. That's what you get with some asshole billionaire getting to play house with an entire football organization

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

That is intentionally misleading, but if it makes you feel right, ok.  The problem attributed to Young was a problem attributed to another short QB.  How did the team overcome that issue and get him to the hall of fame?  They paid guards.  Now, that is what Morgan did. 

That is the comparison.  It suggests that the GM and head Coach are going to do the same thing here.  That is what was stated.  Are you claiming to know more than the GM and Head Coach?   That is a yes or no question. 

Brees had arm talent at both levels that Young seems to very much lack. That is just a fact that cannot be understated at this time.

Considering the quality of coaches and GM's the Panthers have hired the last few years should we really be trying to dunk on one another about knowing less than them?

We've addressed the interior of the OL significantly. That's a very good start. Although some fans myself included would suggest center is still a looming potentially serious concern if we do not seek legit alternatives for depth.

Still. This all hinges on Bryce Young not only improving his footwork within the pocket but firing off those passes that at times last year he clearly did not choose to attempt to make. Defenses saw that on the tape and shut our offense down accordingly. That was just as detrimental as the OL was.

I'm trying to be as realistic as I can entering the season. I do have some level of hope but I'm also going to remain grounded in reality and reality says phsyically Bryce Young really really needed to add any significant level of bulk and muscle to assist the development of his game. That hasn't happened. That's put a definite damper on my optimism for the time being regardless of the hope I have for Canales ability to develop QB's. He can certainly help. But he is by no means a magician either. He has what he has to work with. In that regard I would very much feel better as some level of insurance if we did like some of these other teams last season and added a young QB3 we don't even need to draft one just pluck one of the undrafted kids. We need to put Bryce Young in the best possible situation to succeed for sure but we also don't need anymore of this coddling mess either. If we see reruns of last season on offense eventually for the good of the team you have to let someone else see if they can give us a spark. I don't want that to happen but I absolutely want us to be preparing for the possibility because being a laughingstock is really getting old.

*mic drop*

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah this is no debate lol. How one could seriously think Bryce even played all of last years games for any reason beside Tepper wanted to trade for him and can't subside his ego...Dude literally threw a drink on a dude out of frustration at the end of the year because he knew he fuged up and then turned around and hired a QB whisperer to double back on his gamble for another year. That's what you get with some asshole billionaire getting to play house with an entire football organization

I get what you are saying and it makes sense. It’s weird though because people have been frustrated with Tepper for also firing Head Coaches too quickly. Would the same ego not try to force a bad coach that he helped hand pick that you claim is trying to force a QB that wasn’t really a reach my a lot of people at pick 1? It’s not like Tepper (if he was the one adamant about Young) out of no where and says draft this guy.  He also couldn’t have been too die hard Young as they had a plan to move up to 2 and take Stroud until Houston backed out. I think Tepper was die hard QB and probably overplayed his hand. 

Personally I think Tepper wants to win at all cost and yes he oversteps and gets in his own way a lot. If he is being told by all these professionals that Bryce isn’t it, I really don’t think he will try to force him to be. The one quality I kind of like about Tepper is he knows when to cut his losses. Hell Reich, who he handpicked with Fitt, didn’t even finish a season because it was clear he wasn’t the guy. He flew out to offer Rhule his contract and fired him 2.5 years into a 7 year deal. 

From my perspective it looks like Morgan and company are clearly building enough to see what Bryce can do at this level. Signing those OGs, trading for DJ, and more than likely drafting some weapons should give Young an offense where we can at least see what he can do. I know many fans have written him off, and that’s understandable, but last year was just a complete cluster all around. I try to remove myself from being attached or completely against a player (especially a rookie) and am on the wait and see. If he looks the same or worse then we simply move on and let this staff find their guy. Part of me loves reading about QBs as draft prospects so this route could be entertaining as well. 

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The only current positive I see from this situation is that when they finally do allow another QB the opportunity to take snaps under center, they (on paper) should have a pretty fair shot at showing what they can do. Obviously how many snaps they get in practice and all that is subject to the situation but there have been plenty of guys in history that just stepped in and balled out when given the opportunity. My problem with Bryce aside from the size is zero urgency in his preparation

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I get what you are saying and it makes sense. It’s weird though because people have been frustrated with Tepper for also firing Head Coaches too quickly. Would the same ego not try to force a bad coach that he helped hand pick that you claim is trying to force a QB that wasn’t really a reach my a lot of people at pick 1? It’s not like Tepper (if he was the one adamant about Young) out of no where and says draft this guy.  He also couldn’t have been too die hard Young as they had a plan to move up to 2 and take Stroud until Houston backed out. I think Tepper was die hard QB and probably overplayed his hand. 

Personally I think Tepper wants to win at all cost and yes he oversteps and gets in his own way a lot. If he is being told by all these professionals that Bryce isn’t it, I really don’t think he will try to force him to be. The one quality I kind of like about Tepper is he knows when to cut his losses. Hell Reich, who he handpicked with Fitt, didn’t even finish a season because it was clear he wasn’t the guy. He flew out to offer Rhule his contract and fired him 2.5 years into a 7 year deal. 

From my perspective it looks like Morgan and company are clearly building enough to see what Bryce can do at this level. Signing those OGs, trading for DJ, and more than likely drafting some weapons should give Young an offense where we can at least see what he can do. I know many fans have written him off, and that’s understandable, but last year was just a complete cluster all around. I try to remove myself from being attached or completely against a player (especially a rookie) and am on the wait and see. If he looks the same or worse then we simply move on and let this staff find their guy. Part of me loves reading about QBs as draft prospects so this route could be entertaining as well. 

If Bryce still underperforms and they bench him by week 4 to try and win I will give Tepper some props

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

He will never be this kinda dawg. (time stamped Cam talking poo about Florida fuging him over)

We need a QB with some fire in his belly.

It's interesting though when you account for the fact that in actuality that adversity Cam went through before Auburn made him the QB he went on to become on and off the field. As much as he rightly points out that they did him wrong they truthfully did him a favor. They motivated him to elevate his game.

When you are seeking a QB at #1 that's what you want.

When you compare and contrast that with Bryce Young's rise through high school and college with the best coaches around him it really highlights the differences and shows why he had such a rude welcome to the national football league (all physical attributes talk aside).

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

We need a QB with some fire in his belly.

It's interesting though when you account for the fact that in actuality that adversity Cam went through before Auburn made him the QB he went on to become on and off the field. As much as he rightly points out that they did him wrong they truthfully did him a favor. They motivated him to elevate his game.

When you are seeking a QB at #1 that's what you want.

When you compare and contrast that with Bryce Young's rise through high school and college with the best coaches around him it really highlights the differences and shows why he had such a rude welcome to the national football league (all physical attributes talk aside).

Yes, after watching this interview Cam basically went full Primal Scream on the field after what the old guard college community tried to do to him. Young does not have that dog in him. He's a poodle in the dog world

• Beer 1

26 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yes, after watching this interview Cam basically went full Primal Scream on the field after what the old guard college community tried to do to him. Young does not have that dog in him. He's a poodle in the dog world

What we've had:

Blankmansuperhero.jpg.6045bc070470939cc4c7257f6b35278e.jpg

summer c GIF

What we need:

Black Panther GIF by Marvel Studios

• Beer 1