• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ask The Old Guy: We will, we will mock you

Damn it if I hadn't been telling y'all this in other words:

"So, making a four-year decision (which is effectively what drafting a guy is) based on what could be a one-year circumstance isn't the wise play."

"At every pick this year, the thought needs to be about the best player available rather than the best player available for the 2024 Panthers."

This too, really:

"Size can matter for receivers because, in a perfect world, you'd have a complementary group made up of different styles. It's more important to have an improved group, though."

Yes, I've also said that I could see us picking Ladd (but that they might see it as redundant). It just depends upon who is available and what they want to do. 

I don't know how I feel about thinking like Gantt.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

As will 2025 I suspect. 

Yep....

My main deal for the up coming season is to find if the QB can play or not. Don't care about wins, just if young is a NFL QB or not. 

in 2025.......so much is needed still. Honestly the same draft form this this year is needed for next-

2 WRs

1-C

1- MLB

1- edge

1- DB/CB

1- TE

Its also a big year for icky too........maybe bigger than young cause I can not watch that vomit play 2023 again. Same deal, time to figure it buddy....

Plus its going suck hard if evero gets a HC elsewhere given most of the defensive players are here cause of him.  

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Yep....

My main deal for the up coming season is to find if the QB can play or not. Don't care about wins, just if young is a NFL QB or not. 

in 2025.......so much is needed still. Honestly the same draft form this this year is needed for next-

2 WRs

1-C

1- MLB

1- edge

1- DB/CB

1- TE

Its also a big year for icky too........maybe bigger than young cause I can not watch that vomit play 2023 again. Same deal, time to figure it buddy....

Plus its going suck hard if evero gets a HC elsewhere given most of the defensive players are here cause of him.  

You could add RB to that list as well. 

2 hours ago, frankw said:

This is some next level cringe.

To the subject at hand though. BPA is fine. 2024 is going to be a wasted developmental year anyway.

"A wasted developmental year..." It's just part of the process of rebuilding, changing the culture and the narratives surrounding a franchise that's been circling the drain. Better to be pulling yourself out than in the tank. This may be our last chance to not become the new version of the Browns or Jets for the next 20 years. 

8 minutes ago, top dawg said:

"A wasted developmental year..." It's just part of the process of rebuilding, changing the culture and the narratives surrounding a franchise that's been circling the drain. Better to be pulling yourself out than in the tank. This may be our last chance to not become the new version of the Browns or Jets for the next 20 years. 

It's been one mess to the next since we cut Cam Newton my friend. We had absolutely no plan whatsoever and just thought it was going to be a cakewalk. That's insane ego from the part of ownership. We're already there as far as the next Browns or Jets unfortunately.

Best hope we have right now is maybe we can at least get back to some semblance of respectable football or at minimum watchable.

• Beer 1