• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Day of Draft Rumors

41 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Yup, certain names are starting to get attached to teams now.

I've also heard don't be shocked if Penix goes ahead pf McCarthy.  Personally, I've always had Penix higher.  For whatever reason about a month ago McCarthy caught fire, but that fire seems to be smoldering a bit now. Penix is being talked about to either the Vikings or Raiders and Nix to the Broncos, but that would be a later trade, not in the first round.

If I were starting a game next week and had McCarthy and Penix on my roster--its Penix all day.  McCarthy seems to be running a self-promotion add.  At the beginning of all this, you and I (I think) debated whether McCarthy would be there at 33. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Damn

I swear it feels like they are going at a QB, the big three will be gone by 3......does JJ have their eye?.....I still think penix is better.

I called penix going form 12-32 months ago, but Im starting to feel that first number needs to be lower now. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Tough one.  Common sense says under but I am going with over for that reason

I think penix is 1st lock, imo.

JJ hype has cooled massively, but I still think he's a 1st too.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I think penix is 1st lock, imo.

JJ hype has cooled massively, but I still think he's a 1st too.

Yeah--Penix is better, but it all depends on Penix.  The Raiders have been rumored to him.  Latest rumor?  The Dolphins take Penix, avoid the contract w Tua.  Downfield thrower to those speedster WRs.  It makes sense.

Think about it--Miami trades up with Denver who moves back to 21 and they take Nix.  Miami gets Penix, saves millions on the Tua contract, and The Raiders are bamboozled.

Edited by MHS831

Just now, MHS831 said:

Yeah--Penix is better, but it all depends on Penix.  The Raiders have been rumored to him.  Latest rumor?  The Dolphins take Penix, avoid the contract w Tua.  Downfield thrower to those speedster WRs.  It makes sense.

I think that's the deal, the Dallas or miamis are sick and tired of the contracts that are 60mill per for a QB that struggle in the playoffs, get a cheaper and better player. (others teams may join)

I'd do the same, there's maybe 4-5 QBs Id give that insane bag to, dak and tua are not there...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1