• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs isles game 4 round 1 2:30pm

Just now, Chief_Chokeaho said:

anyways had to put that dude on ignore.

My brother, it’s annoying to watch this team struggle to score 5v5 in crunch time. I’m not upset about the loss. I’m upset about the same issues rearing their ugly head, again. We are open merchants. It’s not gonna work moving forward when we do put this series away. 

There is nothing wrong with being disappointed with how the team has played even if we were up 3-0. 
We were lucky to be up 3-0 anyway. Game one was close till the empty net goal. Game two was a blowout til the Islanders collapsed and game three was a nail biter and we won because Anderson is amazing. 
Game 4 was just classic Canes playoff hockey. 
As I said above I think we’ll win game 5, but the negative things that are showing in this series are concerning. We can only hope it is because the Islanders are like a cockroach that won’t die and not because the same old playoff issues are popping up. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

There is nothing wrong with being disappointed with how the team has played even if we were up 3-0. 
We were lucky to be up 3-0 anyway. Game one was close till the empty net goal. Game two was a blowout til the Islanders collapsed and game three was a nail biter and we won because Anderson is amazing. 
Game 4 was just classic Canes playoff hockey. 
As I said above I think we’ll win game 5, but the negative things that are showing in this series are concerning. We can only hope it is because the Islanders are like a cockroach that won’t die and not because the same old playoff issues are popping up. 

Nothing wrong with concern but let's be honest we are just fans we can't control it chill a bit... it's the knee jerk "we are done" statements that bug me.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

Nothing wrong with concern but let's be honest we are just fans we can't control it chill a bit... it's the knee jerk "we are done" statements that bug me.

Yeah that is a bit much. Still 3-1. I’ll start being really worried if it is 3-2 after Tuesday.

• Pie 2

51 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Yeah that is a bit much. Still 3-1. I’ll start being really worried if it is 3-2 after Tuesday.

I expect a strong showing. I wish Rod would have flip flopped svech and Jarvis during OT 1 I think that would have done it. Especially since the isles were actually playing hockey and not gooning, no need for an enforcer with Aho and Guenz. Speaking of Guenz that dude needs to get it in gear. He was nonexistent today. 

• Pie 3

Varlamov can be a tough nut to crack. I know some here gave me some grief when I said he would be in net for game 4, but even though we won the first 3 games his save % was still around .915 for the periods he played. Now after 4 games he has a .930 SV%.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, DavidEng said:

Varlamov can be a tough nut to crack. I know some here gave me some grief when I said he would be in net for game 4, but even though we won the first 3 games his save % was still around .915 for the periods he played. Now after 4 games he has a .930 SV%.

He’s vulnerable to the close game but at least so far not the tip game. 

3 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Panthers lost. Another series 3-1

Fugging rags are gonna be the first team done. There is no way I see the caps missing 4 defensemen stealing one from the rags. 
Yay GIF by YoungerTV

Not. 

Edited by Harbingers

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Fugging rags are gonna be the first team done. 
Yay GIF by YoungerTV

Not. 

Sweeps ain't easy...  I could easily see the caps extending it by one game....

Honestly doesn't matter much in my book as both series will end in 5 or less.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

Sweeps ain't easy...  I could easily see the caps extending it by one game....

Honestly doesn't matter much in my book as both series will end in 5 or less.

The caps have 2 starting defensemen and I expect Rempe to take another one out tomorrow. 

Edited by Harbingers

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

The caps have 2 starting defensemen and I expect Rempe to take another one out tomorrow. 

I'm aware.... 

You get everything when a teams back is agaist the wall.

Also reminds me we need to find a way to get Lemieux on the ice vs the Rags. 

Also considering they are facing a team that has sold off half their roster the last two deadlines and that's down 4 defensmen the rags haven't been particularly impressive vs the caps there 5 v 5 is worse than ours.... 

Edited by PantherChris