• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sticking it to America's Team

MHS831

5 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

I remember reading about one of these centers that he would be tailor made for a zone blocking scheme, maybe Bortoloni? So I wonder if that kind of player has been a target all along in the mid rounds.

I think it was the Wisconsin C, but I think the Penn St Center pops into my head as well.  He was rising.

• Pie 2

Just now, MHS831 said:

I think it was the Wisconsin C, but I think the Penn St Center pops into my head as well.  He was rising.

I want the Wisc C and am hoping we can get him with our 5th. 4th can be Tampa or Sanders. 

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

I do wonder if we would have gone center had we stayed at 39. I feel like Morgan just got an offer he couldn’t refuse with that 2nd round pick being included.

they wouldn’t. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Easy now. I distinctly remember all the schadenfreude when genius Fitterer outmaneuvered the Saints and traded up to get in front of them to get TMJ. How'd that work out?

I still can’t get over how bad Fitt was, it is borderline unbelievable. 

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Easy now. I distinctly remember all the schadenfreude when genius Fitterer outmaneuvered the Saints and traded up to get in front of them to get TMJ. How'd that work out?

But you know that there are wins and losses every time a team makes a move, thanks to hindsight.  One incident should not discourage us from celebrating the moment.  I am not even sure that I would have traded up, fwiw.  I think Jerry figured Brooks would fall to him--but neither of us know the actual background info.  It is like that girl at the bar-she becomes prettier when you know a rival has his eye on her.  It is when you get her home when you realize that she has a severe speech impediment and prosthetic leg. 

Just now, Martin said:

I still can’t get over how bad Fitt was, it is borderline unbelievable. 

It was like the Saints, Bucs, and Falcons got together and said, "Whatever Tepper is paying you, we will double it."

• Pie 1

We brought in Brooks for a visit knowing he was the top RB in this class. We got the player we wanted where he was projected to go and collected a future pick. Whether people like the pick or not is their opinion, but the way we got it was pretty solid. 

• Pie 5

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

TMJ was a great talent in college. Our staff was just awful at developing players. TMJ in NO probably looks like a different player now honestly. 

• Beer 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

We brought in Brooks for a visit knowing he was the top RB in this class. We got the player we wanted where he was projected to go and collected a future pick. Whether people like the pick or not is their opinion, but the way we got it was pretty solid. 

I kept saying as we discussed the draft that it is important to us (Bryce Situation) that we walk away with a second rounder.  When I mocked, I traded for a second rounder in 2025.  Now if Bryce screws the pooch again, we should be picking in the top 10.  The second rounder gives us some leverage to move up.  The QB draft next year is not looking bright.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I kept saying as we discussed the draft that it is important to us (Bryce Situation) that we walk away with a second rounder.  When I mocked, I traded for a second rounder in 2025.  Now if Bryce screws the pooch again, we should be picking in the top 10.  The second rounder gives us some leverage to move up.  The QB draft next year is not looking bright.

Right on. The Bryce pick is officially paid in full and we picked in every round this year plus have a full arsenal in every round next year. We can wash our hands of the cost to acquire him. Now we can properly evaluate him and decide if he is our future or not. 

• Pie 3