• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some Thoughts on Legette based upon an ex-scout's ranking him WR1 in the draft

4 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Remember in the 2020 draft Justin Jefferson was the fifth receiver selected.

Henry Ruggs, Jalen Reagor, and Jerry Jeudy were selected ahead of him.

Every year there are WR's selected high who bust. Nobody really knows, not even NFL scouts.

XL could absolutely be better than either Marvin Harrion, Nabers or Rome.

JJ isnt the vertical threat those guys were, which always gets them over drafted, John Ross syndrome. Seedy Lamb may end up being better over an entire career

On 5/1/2024 at 1:03 AM, MHS831 said:

No, he has a long way to go to be that--I think he is probably referring to his ceiling--I think Legette has more room to grow from where he is that those more polished WRs.  When you look at his potential, it presents an argument that is not so one sided.  Of those three, only Odunze had a higher RAS score 9.92.  XL had a 9.90.  Malik Nabors had a 9.67.  Harrison Jr.  did not have one. 

I am not sure that Legette has not overcome more obstacles to be where he is, and if you consider his adversity, his story might be more incredible, even though he is only a second tier rookie right nowm with Mitchell, Thomas, Pearsall, and maybe McConkey. 

I am going from memory-but you have to think of things as a kid-when he was 16, his mother died of breast cancer.  When he entered S Carolina, his father died.  They had some issues and QB problems and the OL was terrible in Columbia---the others you mentioned?  None of that family drama, and they played at Washington, Ohio State, and LSU.  Huge difference. 

I am proud of him as a man--when all his chips were on the table--when he had no more chances, he broke through and became a first round draft pick.  A school with a losing record, mediocre QB, and bad OL.  Mentally, he was struggling through the losses of both parents.  Amazing story.  Is he as good as those three who played at top universities?  Not yet.

Marvin Harrison Jr. may be the best wide receiver in the NFL in 2024. Legette is not going to be better in 2024, or ever. You can't coach what Harrison does and what Harrison has. 

22 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Marvin Harrison Jr. may be the best wide receiver in the NFL in 2024. Legette is not going to be better in 2024, or ever. You can't coach what Harrison does and what Harrison has. 

Crystal balls are overrated.

5 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

How come the Panthers didn't just call you for draft analysis? Fire all scouts and sign this guy up! I will talk to Dave about it when we meet in our bowling league game tomorrow night. I'm excited as I heard Nicole baked peanut butter cookies!

I believe it about the Pats. . 

But of aLL WRs, number 1? I mean, stranger things.....  You don’t have to be a 10 across the board.

Legette has a large amount of talent and a great attitude, I hope he translates. And hope this QB can get him the ball.