• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Praying For Moore

Speed

If he can keep his throws accurate, we will be fine. If we survived with Jake's wild off-target throws the last 2 seasons, we will atleast do as well with Moore.

But yes I'm really hoping the guy succeeds. It's cool to see an in-house promotion rather than a fresh face. Plus a lot of fans have been calling for Moore to start for quite some time now...

All we should be asking Moore to do this season is manage the game and take care of the ball. Our running game and defense should be able to do the rest. We don't need him to throw for 4000 yards and 37 TD's (would obviously be sweet if he did though...)

All we should be asking Moore to do this season is manage the game and take care of the ball. Our running game and defense should be able to do the rest. We don't need him to throw for 4000 yards and 37 TD's (would obviously be sweet if he did though...)

Main thing is, if he winds up stinking the place up, it will be stinking for a few years.

He played better than Jake for sure. I hope he continues to do well. If he bombs out, we are in for another 3 bad seasons.

i don't think he bombs....

but if he does, i don't get the "another 3 bad seasons". If he bombs Fox is without a doubt kicked to the curb. We get a new coach, he will have TONS of cash to go bring in whoever he wants at QB and other spots.

i thought he got shot or something too :(, don't scare people like that!!! he's gonna do fine though. being in our system for the past three seasons, and working under delhomme, he's had all the mentoring he needs, and he'll have a new target to throw to after the draft. couple that with our running game, and stout defense (that i'm hoping we'll have), we should be positively penciled in for the playoffs.

and the "another 3 bad seasons" is because usually if you screw up at QB, it usually takes three to four seasons to find a replacement. or at least that's what the statistics have shown in the past. but you're right, if we stink it up this year, fox is out of a job, new coach, and then a new QB. so i dunno

Whether he bombs or not I think its true to say he is purely the Panther's best option and he has earned a right to start. Panthers can only respect his recent success by letting him take the reigns. A new QB was already in order so before we start working with a new face there is not one good reason that Moore should not get a chance first. It takes 3 or more years to build a QB whats one year to see if the panther's don't have to start from scratch especially when Moore shows promise.

I would rather give younger guys time to settle in the Panthers can build the team around instead of a vet in the FA already with expectations. That's just me...

Archived