• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2010 strength of schedule.

CatMan72

strength of schedule will mean even less this year than usual. Last year's teams will be very different than this year. Look at our team. Do we look at all like last year? There are a bunch of teams that have made significant changes to the point that the current teams will hardly represent their previous ones. For example if Favre retires and they can't adequate replace him, Minnesota will be night and day different from last year. How about Philly without McNabb or Washington with him. The list goes on and on.

Good read, but these things are insanely inaccurate. There are always a handful of teams that go from the slums to playoff contenders every year.

Well, sure. But at the same time, many teams are perennially horrible (I'm thinking virtually the entire NFC West here).

Before the season started, we were slated to have one of the toughest schedules in 2009. I think that schedule played out accurately, for the most part. The teams we thought would be contenders were through much of the season (even if we ended up embarassing them -- see the Minnesota Vikings).

Likewise, there will be some teams that go from being contenders one season to the slums the next. Of the teams we face, I could see Pittsburgh, Arizona and Cincinnatti in this bunch.

We had a relatively easy schedule in 2008, and it definitely remained that way through the season thanks to playing always awful teams like Kansas City, Detroit and Oakland.

Good read, but these things are insanely inaccurate. There are always a handful of teams that go from the slums to playoff contenders every year.

Well, sure. But at the same time, many teams are perennially horrible (I'm thinking virtually the entire NFC West here).

Before the season started, we were slated to have one of the toughest schedules in 2009. I think that schedule played out accurately, for the most part. The teams we thought would be contenders were through much of the season (even if we ended up embarassing them -- see the Minnesota Vikings).

Likewise, there will be some teams that go from being contenders one season to the slums the next. Of the teams we face, I could see Pittsburgh, Arizona and Cincinnatti in this bunch.

We had a relatively easy schedule in 2008, and it definitely remained that way through the season thanks to playing always awful teams like Kansas City, Detroit and Oakland.

this is my thinking. there is always a balance.

Definitely true. We can potentially sweep NFC west. Seahawks have gotten worst(and made one of the dumbest trades for a quarterback since Jay Cutler lol.). 49ers are going to be average, and may be tough to beat because of their good defense. Cardinals offense depends entirely on Leinert, which is a good thing for us. and the Rams are, well, the Rams.

Our 2010 strength of schedule is ranked 26th out of all 32 teams. Our opponents for 2010 have a combined .477 winning percentage.

Good year to get a youth movement off the ground if you ask me.

Link: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/21479/2010-strength-of-schedule

Yup, this is the ONLY reason that I'm not totally bummed about the youth movement (A.K.A. rebuilding). As I have stated in other threads, the quality of our schedule should net us 5-6 wins even if we are playing, at best, mediocre ball. Above average play yields another 2 or 3 wins and excellent play might actually see the team get 10 wins.

HOWEVER, given last year's schedule I would see no improvement over wins and loses. In other words, last year's team would have been playoff contenders with this year's schedule.

Archived