• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Hardy> Julius Peppers (right now)

Awesomeness!!

From cbs.com

Hardy didn't start a game in 2008 due to his struggles following surgery on the fifth metatarsal of his left foot in the offseason and aggravated the injury again last spring in car accident. Before he was able to fully regain his health, Hardy was knocked out of the regular season with a broken left wrist. He returned to play against Russell Okung and Oklahoma State in the Cotton Bowl, but was held without a tackle.

His ability to collapse the pocket (26.5 career sacks and seven forced fumbles) is certainly intriguing, but teams will have a hard time assigning a top 50 - or even a top 100 - grade to a player unable to finish a single full season of college football.

7 SACKS AS A ROOKIE

WOW

Peppers only had 12

but, he also was out 4 games.

He's not comparing Hardy to rookie Peppers. C'mon, that's just stupid. It even tells you that in the thread title, bro. He's talking about the lazy, no heart, aids-infested Peppers that has stolen our money for the past few seasons. Still though, not sure if I agree.

My prediction for Hardy: 2.5 sacks

He's not comparing Hardy to rookie Peppers. C'mon, that's just stupid. It even tells you that in the thread title, bro. He's talking about the lazy, no heart, aids-infested Peppers that has stolen our money for the past few seasons. I still don't agree though.

My prediction for Hardy: 2.5 sacks

yeah, but Hardy is less talented.....but disappears just as often. Not sure how that makes him better?

Really, he only had two football related injuries during his years at Ole Miss. (1) the foot (which was messed up by the doctor and aggravated in the car accident) and (2) the wrist/hand injury. Almost every good college player has at least a one or two injuries, especially when you start from day one like Hardy did. Hardy was also a starter on the Basketball team in his first year, not sure if that had anything to do with his foot injury or not. Seems to me though, like he just had some bad luck. I could be wrong...

won't go that far in saying hardy is any where near a peppers,we can only hope he can be a decent rotational rush end. look for use use more hybrid type rushes this year with guys like norwood and davis coming off the edge from a stand up position

It would be nice to get lucky with a couple of these late round picks, but I'm not counting on finding the next Peppers there. Either way though, Hardy was a very good pick in the 6th round even if he turns out to be just a good situational pass rusher.

He has two different injuries in college. I believe he played two years uninjured and the last two injured. His injuries shouldn't be anything that hurts his career. He missed 5 games in 2008 and 4 in 2009. He was also pulled from a game for lack of effort. Those two problems are the reason why he dropped as low as he did, in today's NFL character issues are more important than ever.

It sounds like both of Hardy's injuries are broken bones.. which are considered "freak accidents" in football. Now, if he tore a ligament or tendon, then I would be worried about his durability.. but it sounds like both were broken bones.

^^^^ this.... the fact that we actually bliz more now should become interesting....with a more fast oriented secondary it will be nice to see how our dbs hold up.

in the end hardy will not have to play a role like peppers,which in my mind was being a one man pass rush.

Archived