• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dish and NFL

Speed

My girl works for TWC, I get every channel they offer free, it is like 500 channels.

She talks about people who complain about the prices going up. The stations are demanding more, not TWC. TWC gets the same amount even if your bill increases, the stations are trying to get more remember the commercials?

I would never buy a dish simply because it looks trashy as hell. I would love NFL network but really as far as quality you get a lot of other good things. Watching hours of NFL network to finally get a peice of some panthers info more money and a dish, no thanks. Also for those who complain why TWC doesn't have NFL network/sunday it is because will charge TWC almost twice the amount per customer/subscriber to TWC than it does anyone else and that is why TWC does not have them. I saw it on paper with my own eyes, cause i Always bitch at my girl to get twc in shape lol...

If you aren't satisfied with highlights of other teams or unless you care enough about the other nfl teams to watch their entire games, there is really no reason to get it.Probably because these kind of things are the only thing that set them apart aside from the butt ugly dish.

close.. if you're lucky enough to have AT&T in your area, it's actually a spot better..

for majority, if you have TWC, you're pissing in the wind and shoveling a lot of money to them for a poo product.

Switched from DirecTV to uverse last year when I went with HD. DirecTV's HD prices were ridiculous. When I got uverse they also upped my internet speed. It's all cat5 cable and clear as hell. Quick switching channels, great multi-room dvr. They had a multicast system for the Olympics, the NCAA tournament, and the Masters. And got $100 for doing it. Love it!

My girl works for TWC, I get every channel they offer free, it is like 500 channels.

She talks about people who complain about the prices going up. The stations are demanding more, not TWC. TWC gets the same amount even if your bill increases, the stations are trying to get more remember the commercials?

I would never buy a dish simply because it looks trashy as hell. I would love NFL network but really as far as quality you get a lot of other good things. Watching hours of NFL network to finally get a peice of some panthers info more money and a dish, no thanks. Also for those who complain why TWC doesn't have NFL network/sunday it is because will charge TWC almost twice the amount per customer/subscriber to TWC than it does anyone else and that is why TWC does not have them. I saw it on paper with my own eyes, cause i Always bitch at my girl to get twc in shape lol...

If you aren't satisfied with highlights of other teams or unless you care enough about the other nfl teams to watch their entire games, there is really no reason to get it.Probably because these kind of things are the only thing that set them apart aside from the butt ugly dish.

I am a football fan, and a Panthers fan.

During the season I probably watch 6-8 full games every week. Watch the 1,4 and 8 o'clock games live, and record a second at each time slot, then watch the MNF live.

DirecTV is the only way to go, if you are a football nazi like me.

Our "bundle package" just expired with comcast. I heard Direct tv has an agreement with verizon for phone/internet so you can bundle all three. If anyone out there has this....please let me know how it works for you and $$. I want to move away from cable so I can get the football package, but just haven't checking into it very much. Any advice on this move would do wonders. Thanks.

i just switched from dish network paying $89 a month to direct tv's choice extra plan @ $35/month. getting the same channels.

Talk to me in a year. I dumped direct for a cheaper dish. I ask the bitch what I'd pay with out specials. They lied! Talk to me in a year dude.

i got direct tv for one reason only, to watch panthers games. living in northeast n.c. we get redskins games because our local channels are from the hampton roads area of virginia.

direct tv and nfl sunday ticket is how i roll.

That's exactly the reason I don't go to the outer banks in the fall. It's a shame there's no real affiliate in that area to give them the team they deserve to watch.

LOL.. TWC sucks man.. they were rated 13th out of 16 satellite/cable companies in consumer reports.. you get 40 HD channels and the picture quality sucks compared everyone out there, other than Charter..

the only reason to get DirecTV or AT&T is if you enjoy the best picture quality and channel selection.. hell, Dish network is better than TWC..

Sorry your wife works for them.. of course your poo is free, lol.. but damn, sucks to have no choice in better TV.. ;)

Switched from DirecTV to uverse last year when I went with HD. DirecTV's HD prices were ridiculous. When I got uverse they also upped my internet speed. It's all cat5 cable and clear as hell. Quick switching channels, great multi-room dvr. They had a multicast system for the Olympics, the NCAA tournament, and the Masters. And got $100 for doing it. Love it!

yeah, you can't beat U-Verse... I'm just curious how they hold up in the long run, they are very new in the area right now..

I wish the NFL Package would be offered on cable systems, but it appears that that won't happen until at least after the 2014 season.

http://consumerist.com/2009/03/nfl-sunday-ticket-will-remain-directv-exclusive-until-2014.html

However, there may be some 'chipping away' at some of that. The paragraph below addresses the 'red zone channel', which may be the best part of it!

"DirecTV will by 2012 provide the package through broadband to extend its reach to fans who can't receive satellite transmissions. The league and DirecTV also will make available through cable, mobile phones and the Internet the Red Zone channel, which switches between games as teams move into scoring position."

We shall see, I reckon. Hope I'm still alive to get it!

meh, they all have good deals...for new customers for a year or two.

just bail on them once the deal is up and become a "new" customer of the other one.

but does the "other one" offer nfl sunday ticket? isn't that only offered at direct tv?

the only reason to get DirecTV or AT&T is if you enjoy the best picture quality and channel selection.. hell, Dish network is better than TWC..

AT&T U-Verse has the worse HD quality of any television provider. It's obvious it will always be that way since they are very limited in the bandwidth. This is why you are limited to only 2 HD streams at a time in a single household. They have to compress the channels so much to allow you to watch/record more than one channel at a time.

Last year, I received a call in the first week of September from DirecTV, which I've had for about three years now. They gave me NFL Sunday Ticket, plus all of the pay channels (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, etc...) for $78 bucks a month. Gotta love it. Stick with a service and they'll do right by you.

And Sunday Ticket is really the way to go, even if the only time you watch another team is during the Panther's bye week.

AT&T U-Verse has the worse HD quality of any television provider. It's obvious it will always be that way since they are very limited in the bandwidth. This is why you are limited to only 2 HD streams at a time in a single household. They have to compress the channels so much to allow you to watch/record more than one channel at a time.

I was under the impression U-Verse was fiber optic and bandwidth was unlimited. Sorry to hear that.

Archived