• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers can begin sorting out WR options

scpanther22

Who do you think gets the last WR spot?

The Panthers generally go into a season with between four and six wideouts. If they go to the high end of that range, there's probably only one job available.

It's safe to say Steve Smith's got a spot on the 53. Dwayne Jarrett probably does, though he's nearing Garry Templeton status ("If he ain't startin', he's departin'). Third-rounders Brandon LaFell and Armanti Edwards will have jobs.

Number five is almost certainly Wallace Wright, who was brought here for his special teams prowess (the Jets were pushing him for Pro Bowl honors). The Panthers haven't had a wideout that mattered in the kicking game since Karl Hankton, and Wright has the opportunity to make a huge impact there

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/

I want both Moore and Gettis, but if we have to put one on the practice squad I think Gettis will be more likely to be snatched up. I'm holding out til training camp and the preseason though, I bet one of them will prove their worth

I don't know that getting drafted or not determines if you make the squad this year. Obviously a first or second rounder better be good or it reflects very negatively on the scouts and FO. But from the sixth round all the way through many of the UDFAs, there really isn't much of a difference. I wouldn't be surprised if a 6th or 7th rounder doesn't make the team. That just supports the notion that we do a good job of finding guys among the undrafted ones that have a great chance to play.

I don't know that getting drafted or not determines if you make the squad this year. Obviously a first or second rounder better be good or it reflects very negatively on the scouts and FO. But from the sixth round all the way through many of the UDFAs, there really isn't much of a difference. I wouldn't be surprised if a 6th or 7th rounder doesn't make the team. That just supports the notion that we do a good job of finding guys among the undrafted ones that have a great chance to play.

I agree but the fact is Gettis has more upside then Moore. He is 6'3 and runs a sub 4'4 40". They will give him a edge over Moore because he can develop into a game changer.

Archived