• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"charles godfrey" scam...

rbkincaid

i'm embarrassed to admit i fell for this...

last night a man approached my family at chipotle on south blvd.

he complimented on our panthers gear and offered to give us free tickets for tonight's game. he looked just like charles godfrey.

he said he was on the way to a benefit at levine children's hospital, and would i mind donating to the hospital.

he was in a contest with the other players, blah blah blah.

all i had to do was give him the check and my email address...

i fell for it, but thank God i didn't write the check to him! i voided the check today.

i called the ticket office about my tickets, and this look alike has scammed almost a dozen people. the rep at the ticket office apologized and said that most people had been giving him cash....

i even found a forum online where people have posted to complain about this man. he's hit people up for money in the mall, and he's even been spotted going door to door.

i'm embarrassed to admit i fell for this...

last night a man approached my family at chipotle on south blvd.

he complimented on our panthers gear and offered to give us free tickets for tonight's game. he looked just like charles godfrey.

he said he was on the way to a benefit at levine children's hospital, and would i mind donating to the hospital.

he was in a contest with the other players, blah blah blah.

all i had to do was give him the check and my email address...

i fell for it, but thank God i didn't write the check to him! i voided the check today.

i called the ticket office about my tickets, and this look alike has scammed almost a dozen people. the rep at the ticket office apologized and said that most people had been giving him cash....

i even found a forum online where people have posted to complain about this man. he's hit people up for money in the mall, and he's even been spotted going door to door.

you should have known enough to look for the Texans logo tattooed on his right hand...

This sounds similar to what happened at the Chili's on Tyvola--a friend of a friend, who was bartending at the time, (and some other patrons) got scammed by a guy who said he was a safety on the team, except he said he said he had tickets for the Monday Night game, he said he would give him like 6 tickets for $40. So they gave him the money, and he told them he would bring the tickets Friday.

I was pissed because my friend told me about it, and although I was skeptical, I was also excited because he said they were like 3rd row seats and he might have extras...

all i had to do was give him the check and my email address... i fell for it, but thank God i didn't write the check to him! i voided the check today.

Keep an eye out on your bank and other things; if your check has your name/address/phone/etc, then even though you voided the check then the guy has that info along with your bank acct number and signature.

Likelihood of anything bad happening *should* be slim, but better safe than sorry.

Archived