• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who gets the blame for such a terrible game?

top dawg

Obviously Jake sucked! The secondary was who we thought they were (actually who we KNEW they were). Trgovac was Trgocrap!

John Fox obviously did not prepare a team that had a bye, and failed to bench Jake when things got out of hand?

Who gets the blame, and what should be done about it?

All the regular excuses and praise for Jake the Fake will sound kind of lame.

Will we ever be able to win with John Fox as the head coach and/or Jake Delhomme under center? Can we ever expect to win without a true shutdown corner, and at least quality players in our defensive backfield?

Come on those who know it all! Give some answers!

Coaching staff gets 90% of the blame for this one.

We abandoned the run too early.

We didn't take advantage of what the defense was giving them. No screens, no slants, no quick draws, and surprisingly little play action. Unless you count a quick fake then a settling in to the pocket for a couple of seconds as play action...

Arizona looked like they knew our routes better than we did.

We stayed in a zone after being burned multiple times by Fitzgerald.

No offensive halftime adjustment.

We really looked like we didn't prepare for them at all, we came across as if this was a regular season game.

Maybe they can blame the QB and sell people on that idea. It's worth a shot, right?

Fox, Davidson, and Trgo. Yeah, I'm throwing Jeff in there because....WHO THE fug TRYS TO TURN A RUNNING OFFENSE INTO A PASSING OFFENSE IN THE PLAYOFFS???????

You can blame Fox for that all you want, and I'll second it. But Davidson is the guy who makes those calls at gametime. Why trgo is still making his calls at game time is beyond me.

While we're at it, I'll blame Jake plenty. What was his new year's resolution? Give up passing to people in black jersey's?

And one more: The entire stadium. Your team's down in the first half and all you can do is stand there and wait for em to do something, silent until a miricle happens? No, there's still plenty of time, you scream your head off. Be a twelfth man or don't buy a ticket.

I noticed Richard Marshall screwing up quite a few times. On the play #11 ran a crossing route for about 40 something yards early on, Marshall went to the same spot in the flats as Peppers did, which was the opposite direction #11 went. The defense was put in bad situations all night, which eventually wore them down, physically and emotionally. The Cards coaches made our coaches look like JV coaches at a high school. The zones were getting killed, and it was just a bad night. We have a very tough schedule next year, Cowher still taking another year off, so we might could have replacements coming in 2010. I hope not, that means next year would have sucked, but I think the speed and trends of the NFL are ahead of our staff.

In further defense, Jake isn't billed as a game-changing QB. To place the game on his shoulders is to play Russian Roulette. Last night, the bullet was in the wrong chamber.

To be honest, if I didn't have a game-changing QB, then I wold get another QB who is. Sometimes you need a QB who can overcome a bad day, a lack of motivation, bad coaching, and defensive shortcomings, and come out of an overall sub par performance by the team with a victory.

Jake has never been that guy. Fox (and seemingly J-Rich) has never valued that kind of QB, and that's one of the key reasons as to why we can't get over the hump, notwithstanding a plethora of offensive talent.

Coaching staff gets 90% of the blame for this one.

We abandoned the run too early.

We didn't take advantage of what the defense was giving them. No screens, no slants, no quick draws, and surprisingly little play action. Unless you count a quick fake then a settling in to the pocket for a couple of seconds as play action...

Arizona looked like they knew our routes better than we did.

We stayed in a zone after being burned multiple times by Fitzgerald.

No offensive halftime adjustment.

We really looked like we didn't prepare for them at all, we came across as if this was a regular season game.

Maybe they can blame the QB and sell people on that idea. It's worth a shot, right?

I agree with so much in this post. The part about No screens, no slants, etc. It just like no matter what Fox just sticks to the game plan like a stubborn person determined to either see it work or continue to watch it fail miserably.

Archived