• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Family vacation to SC

Epistaxis

I think I mentioned it in your other thread, but if you want the best shrimp 'n grits the city has to offer, you've got to hit up SNOB (Slightly North of Broad). There's another newer restaurant behind SNOB called The Buccaneer. It's pirate-themed, so the kids would probably dig it. Don't get the wrong idea, though -- it's all done in a very classy way, and the food is very good as well.

Both are on the list.

Think a reservation is a good idea? Are they both tough to get in to?

We hit this tiny place in Murrells Inlet on the way to MB. It's on the right. Blue and white and now I can't think of the name. Excellent spot.

Was in Charleston last week a couple of days and one day walking around it was angry hot. Pace yourselves.

You should see the Angel Oak on John's Island too. A nice place to stop for lunch on the way out there is the Mustard Seed on Maybank Hwy. Great crab cakes.

The Angel Oak is awesome. Isn't Middleton Place not far from there? On our honeymoon last year, the wife and I hit up the Angel Oak, Middleton Place, and the Irvin-House Vineyards. Seemed like they were all pretty close, and we did all of that in one day.

We hit this tiny place in Murrells Inlet on the way to MB. It's on the right. Blue and white and now I can't think of the name. Excellent spot.

Was in Charleston last week a couple of days and one day walking around it was angry hot. Pace yourselves.

Divine's?

Bovines?

The possibilities in Murrells Inlet are endless.

Archived