• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Biggest sellout group or band?

The Saltman

I dont really see Green Day as sellin out, didnt they announce that they would be taking their music in a different direction? Somehow my arguement doesnt convince me...

Metallica is the biggest one that comes to mind. First telling us that they dont need to do a video on MTV, then 2 weeks later Oh! We did a video for the song 'One'.. Then they get Bob Rock to produce their next album. The same Bob Rock that produced the likes of MotleyCrue, Cher and BonJovi.. How does a band that did such greatness as Ride the Lightning and Kill 'Em All turn to this guy? Then 5 videos for that album, that is the definition of sellout...

311 is another one. 2 awesome CDs, then a bunch of shiit. And not 'cause they went radio with their self-titled disc, but when you listen to that CD, the songs start, they sing, and the song is over. You dont get to hear the band play, but you did on Music and Grassroots. Chad Sexton is one of the sickest drummer to get behind a set, I'd put him next to Neil Peart and Stuart Copeland any day.. yea, I said it...

One of my favorite songs that speaks about this very topic...For your listening pleasure, here is Tool with 'Hooker with a Penis'...

311 is another one. 2 awesome CDs, then a bunch of shiit. And not 'cause they went radio with their self-titled disc, but when you listen to that CD, the songs start, they sing, and the song is over. You dont get to hear the band play, but you did on Music and Grassroots. Chad Sexton is one of the sickest drummer to get behind a set, I'd put him next to Neil Peart and Stuart Copeland any day.. yea, I said it...

Not enough instrumentation on Transistor for you?

I agree though, Grassroots is the besty.

They were never the same after they changed bass players... I still like their newer stuff okay, though.

Yeah, that was about the time their label decided Brandon was total chick bait and turned the band into pop ballad crap.

S.C.I.E.N.C.E. is on my top 10 list of all time albums.

Not enough instrumentation on Transistor for you?

I agree though, Grassroots is the besty.

Music is hands down their best.. I havent bought a 311 disc since '311'..I boycotted them for a long time. Something to do with meeting them and them being straight dicks. A good friend blazed them out on their bus, and they told him to leave immediately afterwards. He said "But I just smoked the Killer with y'all.." They told him he was "every guy in every town". Another buddy found out where their hotel was and went to tried to hang out, but was told "No dudes, only girls" Sort of understandable..If I lack respect for teh band, their music just isnt as appealing...

Archived