• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Zod's Day 1 winners and losers

Zod

Winners

Beason - Put on a clinic

Williams - looks sharp

Connor - Looks like Morgan lite

D-Line - So far so good, did not look awful like expected

Sutton - Had the nicest grab of the day on a fade route for a TD.

Losers

Tony Pike - looks roughest out of all QB's

WR's - lots of drops/picks today

Edwards - dropped 3 punts in a row. ?????

I can't say I didn't expect Edwards to perform poorly at punt returns (actually I've been saying that for quite some time). He's just not accustomed to doing it. I worry that this is going to be another year where we've got lots of guys who seem to have potential returning, but no one really steps up. Maybe Witherspoon can be that guy.

I'm actually getting a bit excited about seeing how Beason does at WLB with Connor in at MLB. I would never wish Davis gone, but it sounds like they're going to be okay.

It's still early. I'm hoping the bad reports are just a case of shaking off the rust. And I think Armanti Edwards gets a pass (or catches one - get it?) for a little while as he's still schooling a new position. Let's see how it looks in a couple of weeks.

Certainly, I really didn't expect him to make a difference as a returner.

If you remember last year, everyone thought Goodson would excel there; he bobbled his fair share as well. Same with Munnerlyn.

Sutton may be okay with kick returns, but I wonder who will handle punt return duties.

Everything happens for a reason. Hopefully the positive that comes from the Davis injury is that Connor becomes a force in the middle. If it goes SLB/Connor/Beason does Beason still wear the helmet with the transmitter down the road? Most teams have an ILB wearing it, no?

Archived