• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If report is true then Darrelle Revis is officially a moron

unicar15

I just saw on the bottom line that the Jets and Revis are 40 Million dollars apart. At first I thought...Wow Woody Johnson is a stickler (in ridiculous pro sports terms). How much is he offering? I thought maybe he was offering a 3 year 50 million dollar deal and Revis wanted a 5 year 90 million dollar deal. That would be reasonable under recent NFL standards, right? It would also be pretty close to the Asomoah figure.

But no...

Darrelle Revis is holding out for an extra 40 million dollars when the Jets have reportedly offered him 120 million over 10 years. He wants 160 million dollars after ONE great season. I know you have to strike while the iron is hot and there is pressure from agents and players to get as much as you can so not to drive the market down. But when is enough, enough? If he is REALLY willing to risk sitting out possibly two entire seasons (lockout pending) over the difference between 120 and 160 million dollars then Darrelle Revis gets my "Biggest Moron In Sports" award.

Also...If the Jets ever gave in (not happening) then Woody Johnson would become the award winner. There is no way in HELL I would pay a cornerback 15 million dollars a year for the next 10 years. He is going to be over the hill by the time he is 30. If I were Johnson and I really wanted to salvage a Revis season AND get him a long-term contract then give him a 6 year 95 million dollar deal. Make the selfish bastard the richest defender in the league like he wants...and protect your ass on the back end of the deal.

Who was openly giddy over the extension given Willis and will also be looking to get paid.

The Revis thing is mostly Al Davis' fault. Revis is better than Nnamdi Asomugha and wants to get paid like it.

Sure he will. But he will likely be within reason. This contract that Revis reportedly wants is insane.

Archived