• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My take on the game

pantherj

Matt Moore looked out of sync with our offense. He also didn't see a blindside blitz and got nailed. Moore didn't play poorly, but he still has some room for improvement.

1st team O-line wasn't pass blocking well at all for poor Matty Ice. They made up for it with good run blocking, and Williams sliced through for a 22 yard run.

Jarrett did everything he needed to do to prove he should be starting opposite Smith. But he still needs to do it in the next 3 preseason games.

Gross played as poorly as I've ever seen him play. Well there was one other game, but this was pretty bad. He gets a pass because he is coming off a major injury, so it's ok to be rusty. Don't pull that crap in the regular season though.

Tony Fiammetta is a beast. The man was like a wrecking ball out there, and that's exactly what we need. Watching him slam into the Raven's D-line was thrilling. He also blew up a LB and slammed him to the turf. He brought the pain, but can he stay healthy playing like that?

Brandon LaFell is a nice fluid athlete. He has a nice blend of toughness, speed, and power. Catching the ball? Meh. Maybe next time.

Armanti Edwards did a lot of horizontal running for a reason. He didn't want to get blasted in a meaningless preseason game. He ran verticle on 2 returns, and he was hit so hard on both that his parents felt it.

Beason had to deal with large men with long arms who were told to hold him. That sucks. At one point Beason started screaming like a lunatic about being held. The problem is that Beason is getting swallowed up by these jumbo blockers, and the refs can't really see that he's being held. Well execpt for one play, everyone in the building saw that hold, well not the refs.

Dan Connor was in on some gang tackels, but didn't really make an impression either way. Didn't look bad, didn't look great. Just out there.

Tyrell Sutton reminds me of Nick Goings. Sutton is the type of guy who will slam his body into defenders on every single play. Whatever the coach wants, he gives 100%. He may not be able to count when he's 40, but he's a star in my book.

Everette Brown looked like a JAG. Just a guy. Hope that doesn't continue.

Captain had to defend 2 deep passes. On the first deep ball, he was able to knock it away. On the second, the WR gave him a well timed little push in the back, and this push prevented Captain from jumping, and the WR scored. Captain's technique is excellent, but he doesn't have the height and strength to cover big WRs. A bigger CB would have gone up for the ball, push or no push.

Jimmy Clausen looked like a veteran QB. I'm dying to know what he could have done against the Raven's 1st string. I have to know. Start Jimmy against the J E T S. Ok maybe not, but it's tempting.

Greg Hardy was called 'Little Pepp' at some point. I can see why, because they have similar ability. Hardy has the speed and strength to get near the QB, and then the important part, disengage from the OT, and sack the QB. Why can he do that so well? Same reason Peppers could, he has the arm length and power to do it. I predicted that Hardy would start this season, and I'm sticking with it.

I dunno much about Eric Moore, but he plays with anger and passion. He'll knock a scrubby 3rd stringer right on his ass. I like that.

The special teams... :crazy:

Armanti Edwards did a lot of horizontal running for a reason. He didn't want to get blasted in a meaningless preseason game. He ran verticle on 2 returns, and he was hit so hard on both that his parents felt it.

He never got hit that hard??

Munnerlyn wasnt pushed either...he got tripped up as he was turning around. Tough break.

I can clearly see the WR pushing Captain in the back in the highlights. Now we could argue how hard the WR pushed, but there was some degree of pushing.

He never got hit that hard??

Uh, you need to go back and watch that LSU vs App State game from a couple of years ago. Armanti has taken a few hits before.

Also, why do people keep saying that Matt Moore was supposed to see the blind side blitz coming? It's called the blind side for a reason. I've seen Drew Brees get hit the same way, and he didn't see it or feel it either.

Uh, you need to go back and watch that LSU vs App State game from a couple of years ago. Armanti has taken a few hits before.

Also, why do people keep saying that Matt Moore was supposed to see the blind side blitz coming? It's called the blind side for a reason. I've seen Drew Brees get hit the same way, and he didn't see it or feel it either.

I hear players say that you need to be able to feel that pressure, to feel the blitz coming, though you can't see it.

I can clearly see the WR pushing Captain in the back in the highlights. Now we could argue how hard the WR pushed, but there was some degree of pushing.

A hand on the back of a cornerback doesnt always mean push. Doesnt matter...But I dont like when people knock on people for being too short or too small. I know we have heard this a thousand times as Panthers fans but look at number 89.

A hand on the back of a cornerback doesnt always mean push. Doesnt matter...But I dont like when people knock on people for being too short or too small. I know we have heard this a thousand times as Panthers fans but look at number 89.

It may have only been a very slight push, not enough to bother Captain. Maybe he did slip on his own, but there was some contact.

Archived