• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yahoo!: Who's that guy? Youthful Panthers hard to predict

GRWatcher

I think the Hoover hasn't found a gig b/c teams don't pound the rock. Carolina, NYJ, NYG, Tenn. Not a lot of team out there use old school FBs.

well also because he's old and broken down, though I do expect him to catch on at the end of a camp somewhere.

I mean poo who bitches about the defensive line now they look like gods on the field.

Maybe hurney and fox were right about leonard, johnson, irvin, i dunno just thinking out loud here.

You know the rules Fiz. Only 1st-rounders and big name free agents are the answer. If an owner isn't willing to go all out for them then all he cares about is the NFL, he hates his team, and he's a stingy billionaire asshole.

So our D is playing like gang-busters and we should have signed a mythical proven DT that produces at a high level. Was that guy on the market this off-season?

Would have been nice to have a great #2 WR right now. Not for what it would have cost for Marshall or Boldin though. Jackson isn't really worth the money he is going to want in a run first O. Spent 3 draft picks on WR's. Would like to see more out of them than 2 pre-season games before the team goes and blows its wad on a $10 million a year WR.

People need to quit bitching. The same thing that people complained about for years, too many old guys and not enough young talent, is the same thing they are all clamoring for now. IDIOTS.

Fwiw, I think Richardson planned to go young and see what shakes out as far as new talent. If we are competitive this year, and if negotiations work out for the next season and there is no lockout, then we are in good shape to sign one or two key free agents and be in a position to be a serious contender. Or the year after if there is a lockout.

Richardson and Hurney went down a path that really once they started, there was no looking back. It also establidhed a pattern where they were not going to be able to back up or change horses in the middle of the stream without looking like they made a huge mistake by giving up many of their vets if they turned right around and signed a bunch of vets from other teams and overpaid for guys like Boltin. It is also based on Richardson's conviction that there will be a lockout and saving money is the paramount issue.

Whether we are better off or worse is germaine to us as fans but not the driving force behind the changes. And if Fox and Hurney turn this team into a winner, they should be a shoo-in for GM and coach of the year. What will be interesting to me is if once the CBA is signed, we revet back to business as usual and sign our core players to long term deals or continue to cut payroll and go on the cheap.

I am also taking a wait and see approach on whether we haven't taken a step back at several positions. We should be able to at least evaluate it somewhat at the bye week. Until them declaring things better or worse seems rather premature.

if a major concern is training steve smith's successor then why in the world do people suggest Boldin? He's damn near thirty and injury prone as hell.

It's like people would rather have two receivers hitting their decline at once instead of one.

You guys seem to be missing the point and dragging it beyond. No one is arguing whether they made good cuts in funding but rather why not fund what needs it? No one is talking about big names either, it's the general philosophy the effectiveness of a vet vs. the unpredictable and unknown result of younger players. One simply being a riskier route to take.

Would you rather have two number one receivers or two number 1 runningbacks, because I don't see many of these passing juggernauts with 2 stud RBs.

Depends on the QB really. Do you think it would be wise to spend money to give Manning two stud RBs?

It's like people would rather have two receivers hitting their decline at once instead of one.

People would rather complain about something than be content with anything.

You guys seem to be missing the point and dragging it beyond. No one is arguing whether they made good cuts in funding but rather why not fund what needs it? No one is talking about big names either, it's the general philosophy the effectiveness of a vet vs. the unpredictable and unknown result of younger players.

My point is that there is no one to sign.

You guys seem to be missing the point and dragging it beyond. No one is arguing whether they made good cuts in funding but rather why not fund what needs it? No one is talking about big names either, it's the general philosophy the effectiveness of a vet vs. the unpredictable and unknown result of younger players.

-Paid peppers the $750,000 (or whatever) difference to make him stay.

-Sign Marshall or Boldin or Jackson etc. to strengthen the obvious weakness.

-Called that stud punt returner a day earlier (more laziness than money).

-Sign a proven and more effective DT

:rolleyes::shocked::ee::blush5:

Richardson and Hurney went down a path that really once they started, there was no looking back. It also establidhed a pattern where they were not going to be able to back up or change horses in the middle of the stream without looking like they made a huge mistake by giving up many of their vets if they turned right around and signed a bunch of vets from other teams and overpaid for guys like Boltin. It is also based on Richardson's conviction that there will be a lockout and saving money is the paramount issue.

Whether we are better off or worse is germaine to us as fans but not the driving force behind the changes. And if Fox and Hurney turn this team into a winner, they should be a shoo-in for GM and coach of the year. What will be interesting to me is if once the CBA is signed, we revet back to business as usual and sign our core players to long term deals or continue to cut payroll and go on the cheap.

I am also taking a wait and see approach on whether we haven't taken a step back at several positions. We should be able to at least evaluate it somewhat at the bye week. Until them declaring things better or worse seems rather premature.

Agreed completely. I want to see if they keep this approach as well.

All talk is bullshit really until midseason no one will know how dumb or smart this route was for the Panther's.

Would you rather have two number one receivers or two number 1 runningbacks, because I don't see many of these passing juggernauts with 2 stud RBs.

Not only this. But we also dont have a stud QB to throw to 2 #1 receivers. No offense to Matt or Jimmy, but they are no Tom, Drew or Peyton.

:rolleyes::shocked::ee::blush5:

You think I don't remember a post on the last page?

I was just answering Dockery's question, it's opinion based really some people don't think another receiver or peppers staying would have really helped this team, I happen to be one of those that do.

I believe JR isn't signing contracts or signing anyone proven (a vet/$) because of the lockout, not becasue there was no one to sign that the panther's couldn't have benefited from. IMO.

Archived