• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lafell Locked Up As #2?

weyco2000

LaFell hasn't locked up anything.

Likely, Fox is going into week one with a Jarrett/LaFell committee at #2. All these people claiming Jarrett should be cut clearly aren't watching the games with an open mind. Jarrett sucks....and unfortunately his level of suckage has been about as good as it has gotten.

LaFell hasn't locked up anything.

Likely, Fox is going into week one with a Jarrett/LaFell committee at #2. All these people claiming Jarrett should be cut clearly aren't watching the games with an open mind. Jarrett sucks....and unfortunately his level of suckage has been about as good as it has gotten.

This is probably the most probable scenario. I still think Lafell has an edge over Jarrett because he gets open more often. I'm more excited about seeing David Gettis out there for us. I think he's gonna be a real steal, and a viable slot/#2 receiver.

This is probably the most probable scenario. I still think Lafell has an edge over Jarrett because he gets open more often. I'm more excited about seeing David Gettis out there for us. I think he's gonna be a real steal, and a viable slot/#2 receiver.

If the OL protects, Jarrett actually does a good job getting open once he gets off the line. He is what he is. He can catch and if allowed to get downfield he normally does a good job positioning himself from what I have seen.

LaFell still hasn't proved the knock on him coming out of college has been fixed. Therefore him being able to get open easier on different plays really doesn't hold the weight some are implying.

I think we get a rotation until one of those 2 emerge. They both block reasonably well....and no one else fits the #2 role besides them.

I really would like to say LaFell dose but I think his hands make him suspect. Still the good news is that Gettis has been catching everything thrown his way. Even when a mile up in the air. We will prob cut him for that good production though and keep Kenny Moore cause he is familiar. Just seems like the Fox way.

If the OL protects, Jarrett actually does a good job getting open once he gets off the line. He is what he is. He can catch and if allowed to get downfield he normally does a good job positioning himself from what I have seen.

LaFell still hasn't proved the knock on him coming out of college has been fixed. Therefore him being able to get open easier on different plays really doesn't hold the weight some are implying.

I think we get a rotation until one of those 2 emerge. They both block reasonably well....and no one else fits the #2 role besides them.

Please... You talk about people keeping it real and you blame the OL on Jarrett's problem. He has had plenty of time with a good line to show up and he has not done poo. He still cant handle the jam at the line, he still runs the wrong routes and he has not proven anymore then a Rookie has. You want to talk about not proving the knock on you coming out of Collage then Jarrett is your Poster Child for that.

Its a damn shame that people have to bash Rookies,QB, and the Oline to prove that Jarrett is good. :rolleyes:

Please... You talk about people keeping it real and you blame the OL on Jarrett's problem. He has had plenty of time with a good line to show up and he has not done poo. He still cant handle the jam at the line, he still runs the wrong routes and he has not proven anymore then a Rookie has. You want to talk about not proving the knock on you coming out of Collage then Jarrett is your Poster Child for that.

Its a damn shame that people have to bash Rookies,QB, and the Oline to prove that Jarrett is good. :rolleyes:

Please...I ain't blaming the OL. I am just acknowledging the type WR Jarrett is. He can't get off the line quickly to get open. Just pointing out that when plays allow for him to get downfield he is fine. Find a post where I claimed Jarrett was good? He sucks. Only problem is we have rookies that aren't going to be ready when they season starts (nor should they be if we are realistic, not in this offense).

For the record, Jarrett plays just like he did in college. Jarrett never got off the line well and never got great seperation.

I am not bashing LaFell. I am just pointing out he has not proven to be better yet than Jarrett. Just stating the knock on him coming out of college still applies. He is a rookie. That shouldn't be a surprise as it takes awhile to adjust to the NFL.

The Jarrett hate causes people just to invent and see what they want. He isn't good. Doesn't mean every negative post about him is true.

Please...I ain't blaming the OL. I am just acknowledging the type WR Jarrett is. He can't get off the line quickly to get open. Just pointing out that when plays allow for him to get downfield he is fine. Find a post where I claimed Jarrett was good? He sucks. Only problem is we have rookies that aren't going to be ready when they season starts (nor should they be if we are realistic, not in this offense).

For the record, Jarrett plays just like he did in college. Jarrett never got off the line well and never got great seperation.

I am not bashing LaFell. I am just pointing out he has not proven to be better yet than Jarrett. Just stating the knock on him coming out of college still applies. He is a rookie. That shouldn't be a surprise as it takes awhile to adjust to the NFL.

The Jarrett hate causes people just to invent and see what they want. He isn't good. Doesn't mean every negative post about him is true.

I agree with what you said and I just find it funny that people are bashing Rookies to make Jarrett look better. I mean damn the dude has had 3 years to learn and most of our other WRs have had a few months. The funny thing is that Gettis has looked the most polished of all of them. He can catch, get open, beat the jam, and play ST. He has also played with all 4 QBs with the same result. Something we cant say of Jarrett or LaFell. Hardy and Gettis are going to be steals if you ask me.

I agree with what you said and I just find it funny that people are bashing Rookies to make Jarrett look better. I mean damn the dude has had 3 years to learn and most of our other WRs have had a few months. The funny thing is that Gettis has looked the most polished of all of them. He can catch, get open, beat the jam, and play ST. He has also played with all 4 QBs with the same result. Something we cant say of Jarrett or LaFell. Hardy and Gettis are going to be steals if you ask me.

I will agree with you there. All the wishes for LaFell to be better than Jarrett right now does ignore the play of Gettis. I agree with you on Hardy and Gettis.

one thing I haven't been able to watch is how physical Gettis has been blocking. Jarrett can block b/c he is just a huge dude...he isn't that aggressive/physical though. If Gettis is aggressive (great effort) he could jump both LaFell/Jarrett at least short term.

I will agree with you there. All the wishes for LaFell to be better than Jarrett right now does ignore the play of Gettis. I agree with you on Hardy and Gettis.

one thing I haven't been able to watch is how physical Gettis has been blocking. Jarrett can block b/c he is just a huge dude...he isn't that aggressive/physical though. If Gettis is aggressive (great effort) he could jump both LaFell/Jarrett at least short term.

At this point Im just happy with a guy that can get open and catch the ball. All the while giving a ST spark. Thats more then we have seen in the past 4 years.

I try to not get too high on any guy but he is making that hard for me. :D

At this point Im just happy with a guy that can get open and catch the ball. All the while giving a ST spark. Thats more then we have seen in the past 4 years.

I try to not get too high on any guy but he is making that hard for me. :D

as far as this one season goes, I think we would have the perfect number #2 WR if we could merge LaFell and Jarrett into one player. LaFell has the speed and route running.......LaFell has the body and hands.

not to beat a dead horse, but I think all players could look better with some fresh playcalling and sets.

I really would like to say LaFell dose but I think his hands make him suspect. Still the good news is that Gettis has been catching everything thrown his way. Even when a mile up in the air. We will prob cut him for that good production though and keep Kenny Moore cause he is familiar. Just seems like the Fox way.

I think the OLines performance this preseason is the #1 reason that the offense looks so anemic. They have absolutely sucked in all 4 games.

We have the talent and experience there....they need to kick it in gear.

Our #2 WR will be #76, Greg Hardy. I'd vote for him.

Seriously, Guy makes the team? Here they are, in order, although this list will change as the season progresses:

1. Steve Smith (no brainer)

2. Dwayne Jarrett (simple based on his experience and hands. He will drop as the others emerge--You gotta know that the #2 situation would not seem as bleak if Smith had been healthy).

3. Brandon LaFell (He should surpass Jarrett at some point, but for all we know, he is just as likely to be a bust as he is to be a starting-quality player)

4. Charly Martin (Yes, that is right. He was very effective as a gunner and on KOs last night. His special teams not only gives him a uniform, he will wear it on Sundays.)

5. David Gettis (Big, fast, and ahead of Armanti as a WR. He had a few good catches last night, and has been the best Panther WR over the past two games. Special teams talent was also tested last night, and he passed).

6. Armanti Edwards (Kid is confused. He will improve after trying every position on special teams. Since the Wildcat/Mountaineer bombed last night, AE will be given a roster spot, but will probably be inactive until Davidson tries him out at RB, FB, OG, and Designated Hitter.)

as far as this one season goes, I think we would have the perfect number #2 WR if we could merge LaFell and Jarrett into one player. LaFell has the speed and route running.......LaFell has the body and hands.

not to beat a dead horse, but I think all players could look better with some fresh playcalling and sets.

Yea I was thinking the sane thing. The funny thing is together they sound a lot like bolden.

Archived