• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offensive Line

Paintballr

So for the past two weeks the O-line has been burned constantly. What do you think the odds are that after this year we might not see some of our typical "starters" for the past couple years still here? Or if they are still here we spend a couple draft picks on some high end talent with the o-line.

Gross- Has been burned a couple times lately with the pass rush. Played 15 games in 2008, 9 games in 2009, and so far is healthy this year but has been burned by fast DE's coming from the corner. Do we currently have his replacement on our roster? How many years does he have left?

Wharton-Has been a very underrated guard and has done everything we ask him from playing tackle to guard and back and forth. Had injury early in his career but seems to be healthy now. Been in the league a year less than Gross. Whats the average span for a guard to be in the league?

Kalil-Good young center we should lock up asap. Bright spot of a center that can be our next Jeff Saturday and be here for a long time.

Bernadeau-Another one of our young guys who is just starting to get playing time. Look good filling in last year when everyone on our o-line got hurt. This will be his first true year starting and his third year in the league, if he can solidify his technique he could be here for a long time.

Otah/Schwartz-What do we do here in this position? Do we lock up Otah for the long term once his rookie contract is up even though he has yet to play a full season the past three years? You don't want to give a tackle top money if he can't play a full season. Schwartz reminds me of Hangartner. Good fill in guy. Does what is asked but can get burned. I have a feeling same thing will happen with him when is contract is up. Otah will keep getting injuried. We re-sign him, Geoff signs to be a starter and doesn't "shine". Do we draft another RT anytime soon?

So after this read who on our roster other than Kalil and maybe Bernadeau do you see being here long term? I think even though we have had a good o-line past couple years, and have had guys who no one has heard off fill in and not miss a beat....I think its almost time to rebuild our o-line. Anyone disagree?

See I don't see pocket presence is the problem. The only improvement we could see right now with the way they are playing is if we had a quarterback who is/was a option QB who can run the ball really easily.

The dude has filled in nicely. But he has yet to start at RG correct? Why stunt the growth of Bernadeau to shift someone who might be a square into a circle? I hate to say it but its almost time to rebuild our o-line. I say maybe two years max till we have to blow it up. Why not start early and get some solid draft picks before then?

you need receivers... the defense can pin their ears back all they want.. the OLine is going to take a hit..

you want a well-oiled machine and each aspect of the game is affected.. right now, we have a lot of horse power, but the spark plugs are fuged up.. we have no receiving threats other than the 1 guy getting all the heat..

the defense has an edge over our OLine.. or should I say the defensive playcalling has an edge over our offensive playcalling..

Horrible QB play has an adverse domino effect. The O-line looks like crap because the QB doesn't step up into the pocket, can't find receivers and defenses can focus on just the run and hitting the QB.

If/when we can get an average passing game going that O-line and run game will look golden again.

Archived