• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who do you want for the Panthers Next Head Coach?

WeWantBill

Who do you want to coach the Panthers next season?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to coach the Panthers next season?

• Bill Cowher
    • Jim Harbaugh
    • Jon Gruden
    • Charlie Weis
    • Other...

3 coaches I dont want.

Bill Cowher- He is just another Fox that has one SB in 10 years of coaching. Take away the greatness that is Dick LeBeau and you have nothing...

Charlie Weis- He showed he was not a good coach in Collage.

Jon Gruden- He would bring the WCO and that not a good fit for our team. He also has a poor winning record.

3 coaches I would like to see.

Leslie Frazier- He brings the Cover 2 and good coaching to a team. He is also a players coach.

Mike Zimmer- Like Frazier he is a very good DC and also like a fast D unit.

Mike McCoy- A familiar face but he has done well as a OC with the Broncos and I really do belive he would be a good coach to have with such a young QB starting.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there are a couple of things you are wrong on.

1) Players HATED playing for Gruden...he was definetly NOT a players coach!

2) Gruden never really developed any good QB's he brought in so Many QB's in TB it was just funny

BTW, just in case everyone that picked Gruden missed it, have you noticed the shape the last two teams he has coached for is in?

Just sayin........

agreed. very well known that the players hated him .

and for being a supposed QB guru, you'd think that he would have had some success there. who did he have? lol. good luck finding much success there.

if gruden was as good as everyone here thinks he is he would have had a job coaching job. i mean it's not like there weren't job openings or anything. the only offer that he got from a team was come community college, wasn't it? come on.

people just like him because he does good on tv and looks smart. image is not just everything with him...it's the only thing. he really doesn't need to quit his day job unless it's to go to dallas or some other over hyped team.

teams aren't going to win with gruden anymore than he did with the bucs. he'll take a good team like what he got with the bucs and drive it into the ground.

I'm hoping for an offensive minded head coach, like a Jason Garrett or Joe Philbin (who's currently with the Packers). But Marty Schottenheimer is sitting in the back of my head right now. But knowing the history of the Panthers, and their philosophy of having a defensive minded head coach, it all kind of points towards Leslie Frazier in my opinion.

I'm hoping for an offensive minded head coach, like a Jason Garrett or Joe Philbin (who's currently with the Packers). But Marty Schottenheimer is sitting in the back of my head right now. But knowing the history of the Panthers, and their philosophy of having a defensive minded head coach, it all kind of points towards Leslie Frazier in my opinion.

I would not rule out Mike McCoy ether. They really liked him when he was here. Also you cant argue with the success he has had.

well then, i don't know what he did that was smart.

He took a great team that Dungy built and took more risky decisions when they needed it... Dungy is a fairly conservative coach, he would always get the Bucs to playoffs, but didn't take a lot of the risks they needed to go to the next level and win the superbowl. Hence, why Jon was a good fit (short term) and with Monte Kiffin as his D-coord. = Superbowl Champs

I think the Panthers need a similar mix, a great head coach in one aspect (D or O) plus a great O or D coordinator as a complement. This will help shape them into a power house!

Archived