• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don Banks continues to be a tool

unicar15

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/09/29/power.rankings.3/index.html

Has us ranked dead last...which I agree with for the most part. I'm not going to split hairs between 32nd and 29th (we are no higher than that).

However, his synopsis is what pisses me off. "Getting this team to 4 or 5 wins would be the best coaching job of Fox's career."

I'm not even going to discuss the fact that our current roster IS John Fox and Marty Hurney's fault. What I am going to discuss is the way that he USES the roster. Its like he is coaching a sacrificial lamb. Deangelo Williams is 17th in attempts per game on a team that is a team based on the run. This is a guy that is one of three players in HISTORY to average over 5.0 yards per carry for his first 3 years in the NFL.

We were in the Giants game...able to win the game if the staff doesn't call pass plays on the goal line and instead does what we do best, which is run with Williams.

We were also IN the Bengals game with a rookie QB in the rain. We weren't EVER down by more than 10 points. However...we come out with a vanilla gameplan instead of utilizing the fact that they had ZERO tape on Jimmy Clausen. We let him pass all of 5 times in the first half and then we come out and sling it all over the field in the second half.

The point of this is not just that Don Banks is a douche. It is also pointing out that no matter WHAT John Fox does with this team, he has proven in the first 3 games of our second consecutive 0-3 start that he has no idea what the hell is going on. He doesn't get the ball to our best players and instead puts in a 3rd down back (Goodson) for entire series with a rookie and weak OL only to lose the lead in the Giants game (by not controlling the ball with Williams) and falling apart in the Bengals game (again by abandoning the run and a 6.5 ypc average by our best player).

John Fox and Don Banks are both douche bags.

We are a bad team right now and Fox is the last one to blame for all the roster changes and lack of veteran talent. I promise you this was all done without Fox's agreement. It it were up to him he would have most of the same team as last year. This whole youth movement is Richardson's idea. Hurney is spinning it the best he can to keep fans from revolting but is only doing the best he can with what he had to work with.

You can blame Fox for the poor playcalling and dumb game decisions but not the lack of talent or poor execution.

I would rank us dead last too. When you compare us to the Browns, Rams, Lions, and Raiders of the world, we are supposed to be better than that. Because we are putting out a pathetic effort each game, I feel we belong beneath the usual dregs of the league, the year-over-year bottom feeders.

Ugh, it's kind of crowded down here in the basement.

Whose decision was it to keep giving up future draft picks for a right tackle who's never going to be healthy, an undersized defensive end without the quickness to compensate, and an FCS quarterback who has neither the skill set nor the grey matter to learn and play the positions for which he was drafted?

Whose decision was it to keep giving up future draft picks for a right tackle who's never going to be healthy, an undersized defensive end without the quickness to compensate, and an FCS quarterback who has neither the skill set nor the grey matter to learn and play the positions for which he was drafted?

this

I think giving up early picks for Brown and Edwards was stupid too, but these same guys did draft D-Will, Gross, Kalil, Stewart, Beason, Dan Connor, and Munnerlyn (who was a great late draft pick)

Archived