• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A. Boldin

APCegr

No Boldin. He wants out cuz Fitz gets a lot of the throws and he wants to be the #1 WR on a team. Why would he come to the Panthers only to be 2nd to Smith when could have just stayed in AZ? That was funny watching him and the OC yelling in the 4th though.
he's actually upset because he is getting paid crap. AZ has been relying on the both of them for years. They give Fitz the money he deserves but doesn't give it to Boldin. Both deserved it, only one got it.

Nope, don't want him, don't need him. Let's focus on fixing the defense.
yes.

I sense the next Alvin Harper in the making.

I donno, Boldin did make a name for himself before Fitz was drafted. There may be a market for him, but I wonder if the tirade yesterday cooled it off any. With Breaston's emergence this year, I think the Cards may take their chances with trading Boldin.

Everyone is saying that Boldin was being an ass, but after reading the last article about the situation, I just believe that he wanted to be in the game on that last drive. I don't necessarily believe it's about his touches vs Fitz's touches. He was on the sideline for most of the drive, and if it wasn't for him playing the decoy, they may not have scored.

Imagine if Smitty was looking form the sidelines while we were trying to win the game. Doesn't make sense, now does it?

The Cardinals' coaches chose to start an unproductive Hightower as opposed to Edge for the second half of the season. That didn't make too much sense either in my estimation. I know that Boldin may not have been as professional as one would like, but his issue may have been valid when you think about it. You may not agree, but I'm just saying...

Boldin for Peppers would be an outstanding trade. Here's why:

1) First off, I completely agree the defense by far needs more work than the offense. However, I really don't know any high caliber defensive players that a team would be willing to part with for a guy like Peppers with questionable work effort. Peppers works out in Phoenix in the offseason though, so I presume he would be cool with going there. To trade for a high-caliber player(s), we are going to have to find someone who who wants out.

2) Much like Peppers, I truly don't believe Boldin will go back to Arizona, Superbowl or not. The coaching staff is obviously sending him a message by keeping him off the field the final few plays in the NFC Championship Game. That message is they don't need him- or really want him. Boldin is one of the few high-caliber, proven players we might could trade for. I am in the camp that a 1st round pick may not be possible now that Pepper's agent has said what he did.

3) I love Moose, but even though he is still a decent possesion receiver and a hell of a blocker, he does not at this point represent a true down the field threat. I don't know why we can't incorporate more 3 (or 4) receiver sets if we have the receivers to pull it off. Some teams are better at stopping the run, some play better coverage, but few could match up with our 2 tight end sets with Double Trouble and then substituting to cover 4 good receivers.

4) Dwayne Jarrett may develop into a good possesion, move the chains receiver, but he doesn't have top-end speed at the NFL level. I believe he can be an adequate replacement for Moose, but it's still to be determined. Jarrett has a place, but it would be great to have 2 receivers with top-end speed.

5) DJ Hackett just didn't work out here. I think it was a combination of injuries, lack of chemistry with Delhomme, etc,, but I doubt he'll be back.

6) Given that Peppers will be gone, adding Boldin would add not only a lot to our offense but also to our star power. Losing Peppers is a big hit to that. On one hand I don't really buy into having a lot of stars, but I do like seeing my team getting some national exposure. Adding Boldin would give us one hell of an offense, the kind that gets national attention (and games) like the Saints. Like it or not, explosive offenses are usually what get small market teams recognition during the regular season.

7) Boldin is going to want some of the spotlight, but so what. It will push Smitty harder. Smitty still had a great season in 2006 when Keyshawn was here. I love Smitty, but as this year proved, the Panthers offense doesn't have to be a one-trick pony. In reality, when other teams reduce us to that (or Jake tries to force it to be) like during the 2005 NFC Championship Game or the Arizona game, it rarely ends up good.

8) Final point, we are going to need to replicate or even exceed the offensive output of this year to be successful next year. We are going to have to put up a ton of points to help our defense. Hopefully I am wrong, but I can't see us losing Peppers, keeping the same scheme, and doing better on defense next year.

Rebuilding our defense is important, but I think we are going to have to mostly do that with the draft because I don't think there are going to be high profile defensive players we can get through free agency.

Archived